Leaking fluid help

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Noticed some fluid under the passenger side. Thinking maybe heater core. Can anyone confirm this fluid and location? Looks like a vent tube by the oil filter coming out of the firewall.

Attachments

• 20230325_102446.jpg
    20230325_102446.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 22

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
the heater core also enters on that side. maybe an old hose?
Well now I'm unsure. I put a cup where it was leaking to see. Overnight, after driving it a full day, it looks just like water. I was only concerned because it was sitting for a few days without being driven and it had a wet stain in that spot. Maybe it's nothing and maybe I wasn't seeing green.

JimLee

Hooked
Well now I'm unsure. I put a cup where it was leaking to see. Overnight, after driving it a full day, it looks just like water. I was only concerned because it was sitting for a few days without being driven and it had a wet stain in that spot. Maybe it's nothing and maybe I wasn't seeing green.
I know it's just spring but have you been running your AC? With your defroster? Reason I ask is I've had a vehicle where the condensation hose that is supposed to dump overboard was clogged, it started dripping water on the passenger side floorboard.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I know it's just spring but have you been running your AC? With your defroster? Reason I ask is I've had a vehicle where the condensation hose that is supposed to dump overboard was clogged, it started dripping water on the passenger side floorboard.
I haven't been running AC regularly. I did run it to test some things a couple of weeks ago. Just running the heater when I do drive it. I rarely use the defroster. I did notice some water on my passenger floorboard but I also have had some leakage with my half doors so really didn't think anything of it. It didn't drip at all today.

It honestly looks like the A/C discharge line. Those foam gaskets are famous for letting water back in at highway speeds and soaking the passenger floor board. If you aren't losing coolant then that is what it is.

jeeeep

Hooked
It honestly looks like the A/C discharge line. Those foam gaskets are famous for letting water back in at highway speeds and soaking the passenger floor board. If you aren't losing coolant then that is what it is.
closer look at the pic and the water looks clear, also signs of it blowing back into the seal.
Agree with desertdude, looks like the A/C discharge line

Top Bottom