Las Vegas area mechanics

NevadaJohnny

Does anyone in the Las Vegas area know a good Jeep enthusiast mechanic? My mechanic is good but I'm having issues that they just can't fix.

NevadaJohnny

What issue are you having?
Overall, its been overheating. I've replaced the thermostat three times. The fan is running fine, the radiator is fine. It was tolerable until the other day I was coming up the back side of the hill from the lake and my light came on and i started leaking coolant.

...He just called and said it might be the water pump. If it's not than it's the head.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Overall, its been overheating. I've replaced the thermostat three times. The fan is running fine, the radiator is fine. It was tolerable until the other day I was coming up the back side of the hill from the lake and my light came on and i started leaking coolant.

...He just called and said it might be the water pump. If it's not than it's the head.
That makes sense to me. Not sure I would have replaced the thermostat three times since they are easy to tell if they are bad or not but if not thermostat it’s probably water pump.

Also what year? Do you have a cooler in front of your radiator? Has the radiator been flushed or cleaned out or just visual look and say it’s good?

NevadaJohnny

That makes sense to me. Not sure I would have replaced the thermostat three times since they are easy to tell if they are bad or not but if not thermostat it’s probably water pump.

Also what year? Do you have a cooler in front of your radiator? Has the radiator been flushed or cleaned out or just visual look and say it’s good?
Well the second thermostat I got was aftermarket and it failed pretty quick, so I didn't get charged for it, or charged for the stock replacement. Still time wasted though.
It's a 2013. I don't believe it has a cooler in front of it, and I've had the radiator flushed within the past couple of months.

NevadaJohnny

Fan and radiator are fine. Thermostat is not working properly again, but something else has to be contributing to the problem. Been told it might be a head gasket.

Bierpower

Hooked
If you've had the radiator cap replaced from stock start there. I had a guy with overheating issues and the radiator cap wasn't sealing, so as the jeep was coming up to temp, the coolant would start to boil out the overflow. At highway speed it was ok but the moment you slowed down it was dumping coolant.

kevman65

Hooked
Fan and radiator are fine. Thermostat is not working properly again, but something else has to be contributing to the problem. Been told it might be a head gasket.
If it's a head gasket, you're going to see it either as an external leak, exhaust smoke (white smoke), or in the oil pan. The evidence will be clear wherever.

If you have a bad or incorrect pressure radiator cap, it could cause issues.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
If you see if leaking off the front of the engine then it’s the water pump. They have a weep hole at the bottom of them to indicate when they are faulty

Top Bottom