Lack of Parts for OE Rubicon Dana 44 and UD-44 axles

Jeeper99

In my quest for parts for my OEM Rubicon differentials, I called Dana Aftermarket and confirmed the UD-44 uses the OE Jeep Rubicon differentials as standard. When I asked if I could buy a UD-44 differential, I was told they don't sell them separately, you have to purchase the whole axle, same as with Jeep. I said this situation is leaving customers in a bit of a bind and asked if there was a solution on the horizon. He said no.

$5k for a UD-44 and no parts.
You've been warned.

In case you don't know, Jeep does not sell the Rubicon D44 complete differentials, differential carriers, spider gears, or locker parts. The only aftermarket differential that fits in the Rubicon D44 housing, is the ARB RD 246, which requires you to convert to 35 spline axles. No, the ARB RD 245 doesn't fit the Rubicon housing as it is intended for converting non-Rubicon D44 axles to a locker differential . The RD 245 is a 32 spline, but the offset the "button" side bearing is apparently larger, per someone that tried it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What parts are you wanting to buy? You should still be able to get the basics wearables like shafts, even if aftermarket, gears, locker, joints etc. You certainly can for a UD60.

I’m not exactly sure what you are needing but you can certainly get internal differential parts like Wayalife mentioned.

Can you clarify exactly what you are needing/wanting to do? Might be able to help you out.

Top Bottom