King of the Hammers - May 24-25

Holy shit, there are rules...in an actual rule book! Someone get Mel on this thread NOW! Hell, send him a copy of this important document, in fact rtguy1 just show him this when you take your 2 door back into the shop for work. :cheesy:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

No offense to any kittens mangled by this thread, but this (amongst other posts of late) made me laugh out loud.

WOW COOL PiC !!

Ahh yes, #775, the big tall aluminum/silver race car. You guys were about 2 or 3 pit spots down from us. Nice shot of you guys making the big left hand turn after the two tall jumps, you can see the Off Road Evolution motor home in the background ;)

Nice picture of FallonJeeper and I in Big Red. Thanks for posting it. Glen Helen is a fun track to race one of my favorites.

Mel it was nice to meet you and your family you keep pushing the boundaries of a TJ to go faster and no one will be catching ya. Hope we didnt get any on ya from drifting that turn.

Nice picture of FallonJeeper and I in Big Red. Thanks for posting it. Glen Helen is a fun track to race one of my favorites.

Mel it was nice to meet you and your family you keep pushing the boundaries of a TJ to go faster and no one will be catching ya. Hope we didnt get any on ya from drifting that turn.

No problem, you guys look like you were having a blast! The Off Road Evolution motor home was in a great spot to watch the race from, and a little roost spraying from race cars keeps you in check with how badass the race was! I'm sure Mel will keep exploring the boundaries of any class he wants to race in ;)

Was that you that took the picture? Yes we were having a blast despite not having full power and the engine was running bad.

No it was not, I pulled from just doing a search for Glen Helen photos. We definitely feel your pain on not running good, seems there were a lot of guys having engine problems that day, lots of overheating.

Holy shit, there are rules...in an actual rule book! Someone get Mel on this thread NOW! Hell, send him a copy of this important document, in fact rtguy1 just show him this when you take your 2 door back into the shop for work. :cheesy:

Funny! I posted this for the less godly who may be interested in what any petitions could be referring to regarding the suspension rules. They can come to their own conclusion.
Seems the secondary suspension rule is what could have been challenged since the dual coils provides a secondary spring rate. Although since there was no timing ring on the shock body to engage the secondary coil, it seems like it wasn't really a dual rate setup.:idontknow: regardless, I love that TJ. :beer:

Funny! I posted this for the less godly who may be interested in what any petitions could be referring to regarding the suspension rules. They can come to their own conclusion.
Seems the secondary suspension rule is what could have been challenged since the dual coils provides a secondary spring rate. Although since there was no timing ring on the shock body to engage the secondary coil, it seems like it wasn't really a dual rate setup.:idontknow: regardless, I love that TJ. :beer:

I know exactly what your intent was brother ;) I was hoping the all the experts that "heard" this and "know" that might take the time to read it :rock:

I know exactly what your intent was brother ;) I was hoping the all the experts that "heard" this and "know" that might take the time to read it :rock:

I think if I actually handed these rules to Mel he'd falcon punch my ass:eek: :clap2:

not totally sure what was meant by your comment?

Nothing. He means nothing in any of his posts. :cheesy: ;)

Do not fear the "old timers" around here. They are FULL of sarcasm. In fact, most of us around here are full of sarcasm and more times than not enjoy this place as a break from our otherwise crazy lives. Some others have no life and enjoy this place equally as much. I float somewhere in the middle. :crazyeyes:

Great pics BTW. :yup:

I just hit the thread looking for some cool photos and to see how Mel did.

Thanks to the rules banter I found out a lot about the suspension on EVO TJ and gained even more respect as to what a ####ing genius Mel is! :beer:

Oh and MISSB, more pics.. Yes please :thumb:

Top Bottom