King Of The Hammers 2015 official thread

GCM 2

We were listening to race comms on Thursday and picked up a team complaining that Mel Wade had intentionally made contact with their vehicle, sending them into a roll. The team members were instructed not to report it to race officials, but that the drivers would "deal with it" directly. Never could figure out which team was complaining.

Later I read that Jessi Combs says she was pushed into a roll by another driver in that same race.

I wonder what really happened? If Wade and his EMC jeep were being held up by an U4 Spec car they must have really been hauling ass.

Mel would absolutely never roll Jessi Combs, they're great friends.

......,Can't think of a reason to roll Someone.

So here are the rules in desert racing as well as Ultra 4: if another race car is in your mirror, consider yourself passed. That was also a quote by Dave Cole (KOH owner, president and race director).

We started dead last in the stock class race, in less than .5 miles on "Shortbus" we passed have the field of the 20 stock class cars while they just sat like dumbasses waiting for the perfect line. Mel and I made the decision to sidehill the car and get to the front. It worked and we never saw one of those cars again. 20 race miles later we caught the top 5 guys in stock class all following in a slow line one after the other like they were on a trail tour sight seeing. Mel passed two of the cars cleanly, they gave right of way. Then the guy that we rolled (actually just a side flop) got the customary three to four blows of our horn letting him know we were faster and needed to pass. He did not give right of way. Mel then nerfed him with EVOTJ's stinger and he still did not give right of way to faster race traffic (us). Mel went to nerf him again and he slowed just before the second nerf, almost like he was brake checking us. Because his dumbass did that the second warning nerf got him a little sideways and he flop over on his side. We actually stop to help right his jeep back onto four wheels and he blew us off and refused the help.

Bottom line; nerfing a car in desert racing is perfectly legal. There was never any malicious intent on our part to cause bodily harm or vehicle damage. After that incident EVOTJ was in physical 3 or 4 place in stock class and about 30 overall out of 4 classes of race cars; Stock, Modified, Spec and legends. Other racers are afraid of that EVOTJ's speed.

GCM 2

...These first two were of us coming down 20/19.

Hwy 19 & 20 are serious, very serious trails. For those of you that don't know of those trails, since we race them every year as part of the course I will vouch for them being exceptionally challenging in the day time, night time means you better have some big cojones ;)

Rccrwlr

Just re-read my post. I'm sure we're on the same page but to be clear I have no reason to think Mel would do this. I was posting the FB comment referenced in the prev post. While I have never met him, I hope to run with him some day. I was watching both races on the live trackers and enjoyed every bit of it. Great job! What happened to EVO TJ that took you out of the race?

We were listening to race comms on Thursday and picked up a team complaining that Mel Wade had intentionally made contact with their vehicle, sending them into a roll. The team members were instructed not to report it to race officials, but that the drivers would "deal with it" directly. Never could figure out which team was complaining.

Later I read that Jessi Combs says she was pushed into a roll by another driver in that same race.

I wonder what really happened? If Wade and his EMC jeep were being held up by an U4 Spec car they must have really been hauling ass.

I'll just leave this right here,lol. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423465576.924487.jpg

Last edited:
It was someone else that was DQed.
Great seeing you and others last week out there.
So hectic and what a blast!

So here are the rules in desert racing as well as Ultra 4: if another race car is in your mirror, consider yourself passed. That was also a quote by Dave Cole (KOH owner, president and race director).

We started dead last in the stock class race, in less than .5 miles on "Shortbus" we passed have the field of the 20 stock class cars while they just sat like dumbasses waiting for the perfect line. Mel and I made the decision to sidehill the car and get to the front. It worked and we never saw one of those cars again. 20 race miles later we caught the top 5 guys in stock class all following in a slow line one after the other like they were on a trail tour sight seeing. Mel passed two of the cars cleanly, they gave right of way. Then the guy that we rolled (actually just a side flop) got the customary three to four blows of our horn letting him know we were faster and needed to pass. He did not give right of way. Mel then nerfed him with EVOTJ's stinger and he still did not give right of way to faster race traffic (us). Mel went to nerf him again and he slowed just before the second nerf, almost like he was brake checking us. Because his dumbass did that the second warning nerf got him a little sideways and he flop over on his side. We actually stop to help right his jeep back onto four wheels and he blew us off and refused the help.

Bottom line; nerfing a car in desert racing is perfectly legal. There was never any malicious intent on our part to cause bodily harm or vehicle damage. After that incident EVOTJ was in physical 3 or 4 place in stock class and about 30 overall out of 4 classes of race cars; Stock, Modified, Spec and legends. Other racers are afraid of that EVOTJ's speed.

GCM 2

....Great job! What happened to EVO TJ that took you out of the race?

Thanks! EVOTJ had fuel cell issues, the pre-filter sock on the pickup line was degraded by the fuel and fell apart clogging the fuel filter, we had vapor locking issues and the voltage regulator went bad.

Thanks! EVOTJ had fuel cell issues, the pre-filter sock on the pickup line was degraded by the fuel and fell apart clogging the fuel filter, we had vapor locking issues and the voltage regulator went bad.

That Stinks. :icon_crazy:

LoPo

Caught the Bug
EVO1 rolling out to the start line.
IMG_20150206_082258.jpg

PSC's JK, thing is so nice.

20150206_074025.jpg

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Wasn't that part of the pits? The pit entrance had a big sign that said "NO SPECTATORS" at the entrance.

From my understand, (which is hearsay).

It was suppose to be available for viewing, then they closed it off because it was in the pits.. Anyways we had a cool big screen to watch and I still used live feed from my iPhone in the pits..

JAGS

Hooked
There was supposed to be a roped off walkway that went clear down to the gates. "apparently" a company recently acquired by a Chinese co came in a sort of messed up the path. Lol.

The area was roped off to vehicles because there was only the one way in/out.

JaySC

There was supposed to be a roped off walkway that went clear down to the gates. "apparently" a company recently acquired by a Chinese co came in a sort of messed up the path. Lol.

The area was roped off to vehicles because there was only the one way in/out.

Does that company have eight legs?

Top Bottom