King Coil over recharge

jeeeep

Hooked
Got the fronts done, took more work trying to get the front end high enough to get full droop then it took to recharge the shocks.

Will do the rears tomorrow but would like to know if I should remove the bolts on the sway bar or will I get enough droop

JT@623

Hooked
Got the fronts done, took more work trying to get the front end high enough to get full droop then it took to recharge the shocks.

Will do the rears tomorrow but would like to know if I should remove the bolts on the sway bar or will I get enough droop
I was able to get enough without removing the sway bar but I have a hoist so I can lift the whole rear at once.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
knees are still recovering, it took me 2 hours to do a 2 minute job...going to have to get redneck on the rears so I don't have to remove tires and do so much kneeling and up and down lol
Damn I forgot about that. You’re an animal. Wasn’t that just a couple months ago? Healing up well I take it?

jeeeep

Hooked
Damn I forgot about that. You’re an animal. Wasn’t that just a couple months ago? Healing up well I take it?
The knees are doing great! what I did yesterday would've put me down for a month or until I got steroid injections. Iced them last night, woke up no pain, minor swelling, but no pain!

It's been 4 months but according to the surgeon, still have another 3 months of swelling then another 3-4 months for the scar tissue to stop doing what it's doing and get back to normal.

Lifted the rear using a real stable design and took me all of 10 minutes to get the job done, kneeling only once to make sure the support beam was aligned correctly lol

Glad I got it done, all shocks had about 75# in them

doesn't look high enough at this angle but I had a couple of inches under the tires and incentive to get it done fast
rear_lift.jpg

JT@623

Hooked
The knees are doing great! what I did yesterday would've put me down for a month or until I got steroid injections. Iced them last night, woke up no pain, minor swelling, but no pain!

It's been 4 months but according to the surgeon, still have another 3 months of swelling then another 3-4 months for the scar tissue to stop doing what it's doing and get back to normal.

Lifted the rear using a real stable design and took me all of 10 minutes to get the job done, kneeling only once to make sure the support beam was aligned correctly lol

doesn't look high enough at this angle but I had a couple of inches under the tires and incentive to get it done fast
View attachment 372373
Hey it worked . I bought one of the 2 ton engine hoists from harbor freight it’s come in handy for lifting the front or the rear .

jesse3638

Hooked

View attachment 372373
I did the same thing to lift my Jeep high enough to set it down on HF jack stands set at the highest setting. Probably just ad sketchy...haha

Top Bottom