KEEP IT TIGHT : The JK-Experience Rocky Mountain Run [4 Parts Series]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! thanks MTG. we have other videos in the works and more trips coming up in the future to film. :yup:

Witrin

Love the series!! Looked like fantastic fun!

Black Bear Pass looked wicked! That's my kind of trail! :D

Excellent soundtrack as well...gotta get me some of that Undead! Good trail tunes! :rock:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Wow, 112,000+ views on Youtube. More than a few came from me. A year and a half after the fact and it still thrills me because I think you totally captured the excitement and beauty of Black Bear Pass. It's not about wheel travel, it's about one of the hairiest shelf roads around. Over the years it's been improved for safety but the one thing that has not changed is everyone's heart rate who wheels it.:eek:
BlackBearJeep.jpg
Black Bear before it was improved

Last edited:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Quick question guys...Im planning a trip out to CO in september and wanted to know one thing...in part 3, you have all the jeeps parked next to an Alpine lake. What lake is that, and what trails lead to it? Thanks for any help!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Quick question guys...Im planning a trip out to CO in september and wanted to know one thing...in part 3, you have all the jeeps parked next to an Alpine lake. What lake is that, and what trails lead to it? Thanks for any help!

That's Lake Como up on the Poughkeepsie Gulch trail.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
thanks michael, we've always been a huge fan of warren miller and obviously have been influenced by film makers like him. we're truly flattered by your compliment.

You mentioning Warren Miller (never heard of him) made me check out some of his stuff. While I like em and like some aspects...I actually prefer the editing and style of your films. You guys have done an excellent job of giving off a feeling to the viewer that they were at the event with you, enjoying all the moments, even if their asses never left the couch. Huge fan of your work. Keep it up and make more movies!!!:thumb:

Ldogg

KEEP IT TIGHT : The JK-Experience Rocky Mountain Run [Parts 1 - 3]

Fantastic series. I drove out to grand junction over the weekend, from Colorado Springs and the scenery is just amazing, and that was just on I70 :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You mentioning Warren Miller (never heard of him) made me check out some of his stuff. While I like em and like some aspects...I actually prefer the editing and style of your films. You guys have done an excellent job of giving off a feeling to the viewer that they were at the event with you, enjoying all the moments, even if their asses never left the couch. Huge fan of your work. Keep it up and make more movies!!!:thumb:

Well, we're flattered by your kind words and glad that you enjoy what we do :)

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Well, we're flattered by your kind words and glad that you enjoy what we do :)

Just out of curiosity (you don't have to share if you don't want to) where do you get music that you can use on youtube? I also have a number of videos that youtube doesn't let me share, and would love to have an alternate source for great music. Your Keep it Tight and Heartland videos had awesome soundtracks!

P.S. I don't know if it's all that American Honey, but you guys have EXTREMELY steady hands. I wish I can hold the camera that steady...unless you guys are cheating and using massive gyro stabilizers. :D

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Wow, 112,000+ views on Youtube. More than a few came from me. A year and a half after the fact and it still thrills me because I think you totally captured the excitement and beauty of Black Bear Pass. It's not about wheel travel, it's about one of the hairiest shelf roads around. Over the years it's been improved for safety but the one thing that has not changed is everyone's heart rate who wheels it.:eek:
View attachment 29380
Black Bear before it was improved

I've watched Moab, Keep It Tight, and Heartland about 20 times each, and Im not exaggerating. Everytime I wish I can wheel (NYC blows) I bust out the ipad, sniff a pine branch, and watch Keep it Tight and pretend Im wheeling in the rockies. So sad.

GCM 2

I've watched Moab, Keep It Tight, and Heartland about 20 times each, and Im not exaggerating. Everytime I wish I can wheel (NYC blows) I bust out the ipad, sniff a pine branch, and watch Keep it Tight and pretend Im wheeling in the rockies. So sad.

You really need to get out to some of these places in the videos, it will change you forever in the best possible way. I lived in NYC (Manhattan) for a little while, and I absolutely loved it! If I had unlimited wealth I would own a place there. But at the opposite end of the spectrum, there are all the places on this side of the country that offer an experience you just can't imagine from one of the five boroughs of NYC.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
KEEP IT TIGHT : The JK-Experience Rocky Mountain Run [Parts 1 - 4]

You really need to get out to some of these places in the videos, it will change you forever in the best possible way. I lived in NYC (Manhattan) for a little while, and I absolutely loved it! If I had unlimited wealth I would own a place there. But at the opposite end of the spectrum, there are all the places on this side of the country that offer an experience you just can't imagine from one of the five boroughs of NYC.

Which is why I'm trying my best. I just came back from Moab a few weeks ago and will be going to Colorado in September. I'm also looking to relocate to Colorado in the near future. NY is a hole.

GCM 2

Which is why I'm trying my best. I just came back from Moab a few weeks ago and will be going to Colorado in September. I'm also looking to relocate to Colorado in the near future. NY is a hole.

Man, Colorado has some really epic wheeling too. This 4 part video series proves that :thumb: I think if you pick any of the trails that we did in the videos, you are living the dream! When I make it back to Colorado, Carnage Canyon is on the top of my list. My jeep had no air compressor functioning that day, so with no ARB front locker, I was with Eddie and RG spotting for EVO1 and Moby. But that was a pretty good damn time too :rock:

Trail Bud

Hooked
Just watched Keep it Tight part 3 again. I love black bear pass and the general area!! it's so pretty.
It's a great series. :beer:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I watched the entire Keep It Tight last night in bed...I must say, it's amazing. I loved Heartland and Wild Wild West, but this one IMHO is a masterpiece. I also think Eddie/Cindy/Son should get a drone for their next adventure. Some of the trails these guys roll through would look absolutely epic from 200 feet in the air! Bravo again to the Oh gang!

Hack12

I watched the entire Keep It Tight last night in bed...I must say, it's amazing. I loved Heartland and Wild Wild West, but this one IMHO is a masterpiece. I also think Eddie/Cindy/Son should get a drone for their next adventure. Some of the trails these guys roll through would look absolutely epic from 200 feet in the air! Bravo again to the Oh gang!

KEEP IT TIGHT will always be my favorite! :)

It's like the girl who took your virginity...she'll always secretly have a special place in your heart despite the progressively elevated 'production value' in all the subsequent females you've experienced.

As for the drones...best idea ever!

Last edited:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
KEEP IT TIGHT will always be my favorite too! :)

It's like the girl who took your virginity...she'll always secretly have a special place in your heart despite the progressively elevated 'production value' in all the subsequent females you've experienced.

As for the drones...best idea ever!

I have watched all of the WAYALIFE videos, from the rubicon to Moab, etc, and Keep it Tight was just awesome. Everything was perfect. What makes their videos so awesome is the narration, which basically makes one feel like they are on the adventure, and Keep It Tight had it in spades.

As for the drone, they aren't priced too badly these days, around the $450 area, plus a gopro, so I definitely think the Oh gang will be doing some more crazy when it comes to their movies. Something tells me they aren't the "good enough" type of peeps. :D

Hack12

I have watched all of the WAYALIFE videos, from the rubicon to Moab, etc, and Keep it Tight was just awesome. Everything was perfect. What makes their videos so awesome is the narration, which basically makes one feel like they are on the adventure, and Keep It Tight had it in spades.

As for the drone, they aren't priced too badly these days, around the $450 area, plus a gopro, so I definitely think the Oh gang will be doing some more crazy when it comes to their movies. Something tells me they aren't the "good enough" type of peeps. :D

I'm with you completely on the narration making you feel like part of the experience. It's well thought out and researched too, which is nice. After also watching every film Wayalife and ProjectJK has to offer, I couldn't agree more with your assessment of KEEP IT TIGHT. Spot on!

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I'm with you completely on the narration making you feel like part of the experience. It's well thought out and researched too, which is nice. After also watching every film Wayalife and ProjectJK has to offer, I couldn't agree more with your assessment of KEEP IT TIGHT. Spot on!

My only compaint is that they don't make enough films. :( I only get to head out west and wheel once or twice a year, and in between, I rely on their movies to keep me going. :D If I was the governor of Nevada, I would mandate Eddie into making a film every time he goes offroad. :D

Top Bottom