JT Fridge Mounting?

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
My next build phase is working towards the bed of the JT, and I’m trying to figure out where and how to mount an ARB Elements fridge in the bed. I want it to be secure so it’s not bouncing around (or easily stolen) and also easily removable for when I need the full bed space. Just looking for ideas and see what you all think. Would some brackets coming down from the cargo rails be a good idea to mount the slide to? I’m kinda hesitant to drill holes in the bed, but would nutserts on the ridges of the bed be a good idea? What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
My next build phase is working towards the bed of the JT, and I’m trying to figure out where and how to mount an ARB Elements fridge in the bed. I want it to be secure so it’s not bouncing around (or easily stolen) and also easily removable for when I need the full bed space. Just looking for ideas and see what you all think. Would some brackets coming down from the cargo rails be a good idea to mount the slide to? I’m kinda hesitant to drill holes in the bed, but would nutserts on the ridges of the bed be a good idea? What are your thoughts?

Im not running an Elements nor a slide, but here's what I did. I rested it against a 2x8 that fits in the factory board slot so it sits between there and the tailgate. I had to modify the 2x8 slightly because the tailgate wouldn't close originally. Then I bedlined the board for a nicer look.

DSC05269.jpg

KIMG0068.jpg

KIMG0069.jpg

DSC05272.JPG

As far as the wiring, I ran it above the passenger frame rail and here in the bed.

DSC05445.jpg

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja

How easy is it to remove the ARB slide itself?

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Im not running an Elements nor a slide, but here's what I did. I rested it against a 2x8 that fits in the factory board slot so it sits between there and the tailgate. I had to modify the 2x8 slightly because the tailgate wouldn't close originally. Then I bedlined the board for a nicer look.

View attachment 360759

View attachment 360760

View attachment 360761

View attachment 360762

As far as the wiring, I ran it above the passenger frame rail and here in the bed.

View attachment 360763

Thanks! That’s a nice setup. I might do something like that but I believe the element is wider so won’t fit between the tailgate and board slot. Might just have to order it and mess around with placement.

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks! That’s a nice setup. I might do something like that but I believe the element is wider so won’t fit between the tailgate and board slot. Might just have to order it and mess around with placement.

Thanks. It's simple enough for us.

You could pretty much build a board system any way you wanted to fit your particular fridge, but if you're using the factory board slots, the corner on the bottom of the board needs to be cut at a 45 degree angle because the corner of the bed is curved right there:

DSC05445.jpg

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Alright so I’m trying to find a way to route the 12v power to the bed. I have the factory outlet in the back, so using that plate is out. Here are 2 options that I can think of for now.. curious what your thoughts are for those who have had fridges for a while. This is my first so not sure what I’m doing exactly.
Option 1:

There is an opening on at the right rear of the bed next to the tie-down, but this position requires that the plug be pointed up, which puts a lot of faith in the rubber plug for the outlet.

Option 2:

there’s an opening at the front of the bed to the right of the cargo rail. The perk about this position is that the outlet can be pointed down, plus it would be less susceptible to getting bumped by something in the bed. The fridge power cord would still be long enough to reach the fridge, even if it were to slide out to the tailgate, although the cord would be kinda sitting there in the bed. Also, about 1/4” of the plug wouldn’t be seated against the bed at the bottom of the plug. So the backside would be somewhat covered, but still exposed to the elements.

Attachments

• 8DB72872-E97C-44A2-A4F8-DF450C728BD5.jpeg
    8DB72872-E97C-44A2-A4F8-DF450C728BD5.jpeg
    409.9 KB · Views: 12
  • B10BDAF9-C2DD-4447-BEBB-49E3A6BFA6AA.jpeg
    B10BDAF9-C2DD-4447-BEBB-49E3A6BFA6AA.jpeg
    343.2 KB · Views: 12
  • C96293D7-EF35-491D-8E86-149A998F741C.jpeg
    C96293D7-EF35-491D-8E86-149A998F741C.jpeg
    308.1 KB · Views: 11
  • D87A4AE6-3A9A-4E6F-AD55-BC2C76DF10D6.jpeg
    D87A4AE6-3A9A-4E6F-AD55-BC2C76DF10D6.jpeg
    308.7 KB · Views: 12

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
You could drill a custom hole at whatever your preferred location is at.
I was trying to avoid drilling but since you mentioned it… it is another option. If I were to drill, flush mounting just the plug part might be another option. I would have to drill a pretty big hole though.

Attachments

• 6359A65C-D631-42B0-87EE-D3F044C5DFEF.jpeg
    6359A65C-D631-42B0-87EE-D3F044C5DFEF.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 3

Brute

Hooked
Alright so I’m trying to find a way to route the 12v power to the bed. I have the factory outlet in the back, so using that plate is out. Here are 2 options that I can think of for now.. curious what your thoughts are for those who have had fridges for a while. This is my first so not sure what I’m doing exactly.
Option 1:

There is an opening on at the right rear of the bed next to the tie-down, but this position requires that the plug be pointed up, which puts a lot of faith in the rubber plug for the outlet.

Option 2:

there’s an opening at the front of the bed to the right of the cargo rail. The perk about this position is that the outlet can be pointed down, plus it would be less susceptible to getting bumped by something in the bed. The fridge power cord would still be long enough to reach the fridge, even if it were to slide out to the tailgate, although the cord would be kinda sitting there in the bed. Also, about 1/4” of the plug wouldn’t be seated against the bed at the bottom of the plug. So the backside would be somewhat covered, but still exposed to the elements.
What's behind door number 3?

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
What's behind door number 3?
No idea. Didn’t think it would be this hard to made a decision on where to route power.. kinda wish they had a 12v plug already in the bed. Lol. Then it would be just a simple wiring/outlet swap.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I spent a lot of time looking at this too, and also trying to make sure there was access on the back side to thread nuts because I don’t want to use sheet metal screws.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I spent a lot of time looking at this too, and also trying to make sure there was access on the back side to thread nuts because I don’t want to use sheet metal screws.
Any particular reason to not use self-tapping screws? Just curious.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I was actually worried that they created the possibility (however small) that the wires would rub against them and eventually cause a short.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
It feels so weird leaving this fridge out in the rain… but I guess I need to make sure it holds up as advertised. So far so good.

Attachments

• 4DA4E9FF-3F46-409B-A80C-56E4BC3F211D.jpeg
    4DA4E9FF-3F46-409B-A80C-56E4BC3F211D.jpeg
    281 KB · Views: 32
Top Bottom