JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - PART 1 | Overlanding Across the Mojave Desert

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Honestly, the best part of your videos is the comradery with everyone there. There are endless Jeep videos out there, but they are sole less shots of jeeps doing cool stuff. It’s the people and sense of adventure that you impart into your videos that make them so enjoyable to watch. Can’t wait to see part 2!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I second that! ^^^

Another great video. Can’t wait for part 2. I noticed you carry your fuel containers inside. Have you always done this? Have they leaked or smell doing it this way? Thanks for the great video.

I would imagine it’s mainly because they didn’t have a good outside mounting solution being that they were a bit pressed for time. They usually carry them out on the rear carrier on Moby.

FuriousDz

Another quality video as usual cant wait for part 2. You guys always look like you have so much fun being around each other such an awesome thing!:thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Loved it. Just awesome. Thank you and keep em coming.

So glad you liked it and we're slaving away trying to get part 2 done as soon as we can :crazyeyes:

Another great video. Can’t wait for part 2. I noticed you carry your fuel containers inside. Have you always done this? Have they leaked or smell doing it this way? Thanks for the great video.

Actually, we don't normally carry fuel inside but surprisingly, our rotopax didn't leak or stink.

Eddie and Cindy its so awesome to see some footage from yall I miss the JKX vids yall put out, this is so awesome yall keep it up and I like Reunion really fits the video

Thank you. We're so glad you enjoyed the video in spite of it's short comings. :cool:

Love this video. I think your narratives add so much to the videos, I feel the others won’t compare to yours

Thank you, we're so glad to hear it. For better or for worse, our narratives are pretty much all we had being that we weren't the official film crew. :cool:

X2 love the narratives

We're so glad to hear it :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I second that! ^^^

Thank you, we really do appreciate it. :)

I would imagine it’s mainly because they didn’t have a good outside mounting solution being that they were a bit pressed for time. They usually carry them out on the rear carrier on Moby.

This ^^^^ We literally found out that we would need to carry extra fuel just as we were heading out to SEMA. Had we known about it sooner, we would have tried to figure out a way to carry it outside but then, it all worked out well. No leaks - No fumes. :cool:

Loved it. JKX videos were what got me into WAYALIFE. Glad to see the videos continue.

Awesome, we're glad to hear you've been following our videos for a while now.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another fun to watch video. Thanks

Thank you, we're so glad to hear you enjoyed it :)

Another quality video as usual cant wait for part 2. You guys always look like you have so much fun being around each other such an awesome thing!:thumb:

Thank you. Cindy and I always try our best to have a good time and drag as many people as we can into it. I won't lie, it can be a real challenge at times.

Part two would make a great Sunday night watch. Hint hint [emoji12]

:cheesy: You're killing me! We've been slaving over the computer day and night since finishing part 1 but A LOT happened on the 2nd day. Hoping to get something done by Tuesday... "hoping". :icon_crazy:

jesse3638

Hooked
Thanks for taking us along for the ride. It was just like the old JKX vids. I think Lisa and I may try and do the Mojave rd. It's one I really want to do especially given the history out there. Everything from native Americans, early settlers, mining, and military training. Also just a quick correction. When the NPS took over that area it was made into a national preserve so it can still be hunted and grazed. The Blaire's still run a couple hundred head of cattle on the southern end of the preserve, near hole in the wall and mid hills campgrounds. Can't wait for part 2!

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the videos. They are awesome!

So glad to hear you enjoyed it :)

Thanks for taking us along for the ride. It was just like the old JKX vids. I think Lisa and I may try and do the Mojave rd. It's one I really want to do especially given the history out there. Everything from native Americans, early settlers, mining, and military training. Also just a quick correction. When the NPS took over that area it was made into a national preserve so it can still be hunted and grazed. The Blaire's still run a couple hundred head of cattle on the southern end of the preserve, near hole in the wall and mid hills campgrounds. Can't wait for part 2!

Looks like I just learned me something new! Thanks for the correction - very interesting to know. Is there a reason that you know of why the OX ranch closed up shop?

jesse3638

Hooked
Continuing on. I spoke to my coworker who used to be the interpretive ranger for the NPS out there the year the preserve was created. The OX ranch was owned by the Oversons along with a few other ranches. It was worked into the early to mid 90's. He eventually sold it to the nature conservancy who subsequently gave it to the preserve. There was a hard fight to turn the area into a national park and with the passing of Senate Bill 22 it was turned into a preserve in 1994 instead. Also I found an article in the LA times from 1992 where he was interviewed prior to the BLM giving the land up to the NPS. I've posted it below. Sorry I tend to geek out on western history..haha

http://articles.latimes.com/1992-03-19/news/mn-5934_1_east-mojave

OK now back to the JLX.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Actually, we don't normally carry fuel inside but surprisingly, our rotopax didn't leak or stink.

Hey Eddie great video, always enjoy watching. Quick question do the rotopax expand or contract in the heat. I had an empty (fumes or small amount) 1gal plastic can in my garage when I returned home after about 3 months that sucker was so sucked up it creased the plastic. Thanks

Top Bottom