Jku cold start.

Jaimegomez8

Every morning when I turn my key to start up my rig it sounds like it has a cold start, could this be from synthetic oil? Will warranty cover? Any info would be great, thanks.

My 2011 would do that. My 2016 doesn't. The Dealership could not find anything wrong so I had them to make a notation on my Service Records in case anything came up...it might help a bit.

Cold start meaning- oil not reaching the head of the motor fast enough causing the lifters to tick for about 2 seconds

I had this problem with my 07 turns out it was the oil filter, I switched a different brand and that went away

My 13 does it. I've always run name brand synthetic and quality filters and it's never seemed to help.
I just decided to start using amsoil synthetic and a wix filter to see if that helped. Seemed like it went away for a day and then back normal rattle on cold start up for the first second. My driveway is on a hill so I'm sure that doesn't help on start up, but my last house the driveway was level and I had the same results there.

My driveway is also on a hill, weather is not a factor due to me living in LA. Although it seems to happen overnight when the oil drops to the block.

what year is your jeep? you have nothing in your profile about your Jeep.

If it's the 3.6 the new oil filter design is supposed to keep drain back from happening, it should be covered under warranty if it's new enough

I've run into the same issues when I worked at Ford. The manufacturer will find a reason to call it 'within normal operating characteristics.' Sucks, but could be the same thing.

Sorry should've updated my vehicle info, and it seems to be the filter, did the change today with synthetic oil, I'll keep updating if problem re occurs.

Sorry should've updated my vehicle info, and it seems to be the filter, did the change today with synthetic oil, I'll keep updating if problem re occurs.

Hope it lasts. With the oil filters that have the anti-drainback valve, I've heard some work and some don't. Good luck.

Top Bottom