JK Destroyer Sliders

SSRuger

Did the design change on the Destroyer Sliders? It looks like they are now frame mounted instead of body mounted.

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Any pics of the installation?

Sure. Went out and took a few for you. These should work for now.

As installed. Everything's 3/16" steel. Nice surface finish.

LOD Destroyer Slider JKU (5 of 6).jpg
LOD Destroyer Slider JKU (6 of 6).jpg

If you look down the length, you'll see there's at least an inch between body and rail all the way along. There are zero fasteners going to the tub.
LOD Destroyer Slider JKU (1 of 6).jpg

Couple shots of the front and rear mounting points.
LOD Destroyer Slider JKU (2 of 6).jpg
LOD Destroyer Slider JKU (3 of 6).jpg

This last shot is looking straight-up into the recess. They're using 2 of the existing frame mount bolts along with the flange that requires the installer to drill a hole to accommodate.
LOD Destroyer Slider JKU (4 of 6).jpg

Overall, seems to be a very robust installation. This week we'll be at SMORR...plenty of things to slide-pivot around with them.

So, as you'd expect, I'm happy with them thus far. I wanted sliders with steps. These meet the bill so, when we do a lift, we have a 'bit' of relief with the inset step. Cosmetically they turned out about as I expected; hard when looking at things online.

Incidentally, shipping weight 110lbs. Figure ~10 for box and foam (typical high-quality LOD shipping packaging), and it's another 75 lbs net on Stitch (100 lbs - 2 stock sliders).

Time will tell as for the rest.

TheGrendel

pretty badass now that they are frame mounted for those that need a real step.

Last edited:

SSRuger

Sure. Went out and took a few for you. These should work for now.

As installed. Everything's 3/16" steel. Nice surface finish.

View attachment 328329
View attachment 328330

If you look down the length, you'll see there's at least an inch between body and rail all the way along. There are zero fasteners going to the tub.
View attachment 328332

Couple shots of the front and rear mounting points.
View attachment 328333
View attachment 328334

This last shot is looking straight-up into the recess. They're using 2 of the existing frame mount bolts along with the flange that requires the installer to drill a hole to accommodate.
View attachment 328335

Overall, seems to be a very robust installation. This week we'll be at SMORR...plenty of things to slide-pivot around with them.

So, as you'd expect, I'm happy with them thus far. I wanted sliders with steps. These meet the bill so, when we do a lift, we have a 'bit' of relief with the inset step. Cosmetically they turned out about as I expected; hard when looking at things online.

Incidentally, shipping weight 110lbs. Figure ~10 for box and foam (typical high-quality LOD shipping packaging), and it's another 75 lbs net on Stitch (100 lbs - 2 stock sliders).

Time will tell as for the rest.
How did these hold in SMORR?

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom