Jeep Wrangler JL re-calibrate tire + Gear ratio using tazer mini

khaled

Recently I had been changed my tires, From Goodyear 265/70R18 To Kumho 275/70R18.

So what I noticed that the vehicle needs programing after the tires had been changed. My issue is I don't know what to set the tire size at, and what to set the gear ratio at.
Would you please help me to solve this issue?

And I would like also to inform you that my dealer informed me that after calibrating I should change my engine oil every 5,000KM Instead of 10,000KM is that true?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Unless you regeared, you should just leave what's there. As far as tires go, measure from the ground to the top of the tire with a tape measure and enter in that number.

khaled

What about the oil change?
my dealership informed my that I should oil change around 5000 KM 3106 Miles instead 10000 KM 6213 Miles

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Every 3k miles isn't a bad idea but you could go longer. Scroll through your EVIC until you get to the TPMS screen. From there, scroll left until you get to the oil filter life. Anything 50% or more is fine. I try not to let mine go below 30%.

CalSgt

Hooked
Unless you regeared, you should just leave what's there. As far as tires go, measure from the ground to the top of the tire with a tape measure and enter in that number.
^^^^ This is what I did, I also downloaded a speedometer app on my phone to cross check what the dash is saying. Mine is off by maybe 1/4 MPH at any given speed.

Lord60

Regarding the tazer mini... is that thing worth having? I'm considering because I like a couple of features that it provides, but iffy on the whole thing.

WJCO

Meme King
Regarding the tazer mini... is that thing worth having? I'm considering because I like a couple of features that it provides, but iffy on the whole thing.
Not sure if you've seen this chart below, but it shows a comparison between all 3 models. We personally just went with the basic 'lite' one on both of ours to keep it simple. Not sure what exactly you're looking for.

Untitled.jpg

Lord60

Not sure if you've seen this chart below, but it shows a comparison between all 3 models. We personally just went with the basic 'lite' one on both of ours to keep it simple. Not sure what exactly you're looking for.

View attachment 365902
The few features that I like are the AutoTurn, Hood alarm when alarm is active, doubletap mute for backup cam, and Autostop.
I live without them right now, so it's hard to justify the expense.

Thanks for the chart, though. That thing is awesome.

Top Bottom