Jeep with neaux name (yeah I’m a coonass)

JimmyN81

I use to have a 2015 two door Sport with Rock Krawler 2.5” X factor lift and JCR everything. Well in the 2 years of owning my kids doubled and size and the Jeep did not. I borrowed my father in laws Unlimited that I built for him and went on a trip with the family. Wow the room was so nice. When we got back I went to the dealership and ordered a 4 door. Now that I had 2 years of learning what worked really well and what only just looked good. I didn’t start with Rock Krawler and JCR and will just leave it at that. Well I get to the dealership with the mindset that I want the new smurf blue(color I agreed with the wife on) Rubicon. Well I then saw the color in person and changed it to white and told her to deal with it. Not an ugly color just not what it looked like online and I personally did not care for it. So I put my order in for a 2017 Unlimited Rubicon. It came with heated cloth seats, 4:10 gears, and Alpine speakers. That was all that I wanted. A month later it was on a slow train from Toledo headed to the dreaded swamps of Louisiana. It came in on May 31, 2017. I signed all the paperwork and my wife drove it home in some nasty rainy weather. Luckily I was off for a couple days because of the Memorial Day holiday and started installing everything that I could transfer from the 2 door to the new name. The next day I drove over to 4 Wheel Parts and bought some Method Wheels and wanted to wrap them in 37s but the salesman said they had some crazy sale on KO2 35ish tires for $169 each. My thought process was like it’s not that big of a difference and for savings I can get the fenders and sliders at the same time. So I settled and I eventually regretted.

Around July I talked a very good friend into buying a Gobi Rubicon and helped him pick out all kind of things which eventually led to having him decide between getting 35s or 37s. Here is when I regretted getting 35s. I was helping him bolt on his new 37s and when we sat his Jeep on the ground it just looked better than mine. Yep I had tire envy.

IMG_2032.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

Well I broke down just like every jealous friend and bought me some 37s. And not just any 37s but I made sure the actual size was bigger than his. I just had some Nitto Ridge Grapplers put on these fake beadlocks also removed the centercaps because I think it looks better without those giant black curb feelers hanging out.

IMG_3210.jpg

I don’t know if it made mine actually look better but it made me feel better. 🤪

Well here are the pictures of the build in some sort of chronological order.

IMG_1001.jpg
IMG_1008.jpg
IMG_1011.jpg
IMG_1272.JPG
IMG_1276.JPG
IMG_2017.jpg
IMG_2024.jpgIMG_2537.JPG
IMG_3175.jpg
IMG_3189.JPG
IMG_3210.jpg
IMG_3236.JPG

As far as the name I didn’t know you were suppose to earn your Jeep name on the trails with the first Jeep. This one I figured I would follow the spirit of tradition and wait to have it named. I would get asked over and over what was the name for the new Jeep which I would respond simply with no name. Well inadvertently everyone now calls it Jeep with no name. So here we are. I have plans to strengthen the front axles and driveshafts in the near future. I’d like to get a hardtop, rack, and rooftop tent soon also. Any questions just ask. It’s not perfect but it’s mine and bigger than my friends. Lol.

Last edited:
When I went to Jeep Invasion in Gatlinburg I got to test the new Alpine radio and decided I wanted it. I love it.
IMG_2072.JPGIMG_3237.JPGIMG_3238.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recently got a miniature husky named Tikaani to be my wingman when we finally get some topless weather. I told the wife I got him for her [emoji6]

IMG_2833.jpgIMG_2821.jpgIMG_3113.JPGIMG_3231.JPG

How do you like the JCR sliders? I’m really leaning towards boatsides but can’t decide which brand. Wish they made some with a true frame mount.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

How do you like the JCR sliders? I’m really leaning towards boatsides but can’t decide which brand. Wish they made some with a true frame mount.

I leave for Big Bend National Park next weekend and actually might get to use them. I’ve been working nonstop since we bought the Jeep and had a couple family issues that took the rest of my time. 2018 is a new year. July we are doing Windrock Park and Labor Day weekend I think we are going to Hot Springs, AR. I’ll be able to let you know more towards the end of the year. Getting in and out at the mall they work great. [emoji57]

I like them. Sorry it has been awhile since my computer worked and I forget to go on forums on my cellphone. But yes I've abused the hell out of the sliders and I just touch time up with Rustoleum aerosol bedliner. Call up Corey at JCR and tell him to give you a good deal. ;)

Top Bottom