Jeep Broken Into

trailless

Caught the Bug
Im giving a warning to everyone.

My Jeep was broken into last night. Its a tactic I've seen used on older cars but not newer cars. They probably used a screw driver and a hammer to pop the key lock on the door. They damaged the door to get into the Jeep as well.... its not even the door with the scratch.... :mad:

The crazy part is the alarm didn't even go off!

The only package I had was an extra backup camera I was going to give away to someone. They didn't even touch my CB hanging there.

1419823936481.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

MarkW13

Yeah, I've used that move a couple of times. Not on a jeep, but it appears to work. Its more of an import tactic.

For the record I'm a firefighter and have to break into cars because kids get locked inside.

trailless

Caught the Bug
Damn that blows. Any fingerprints?

I didn't see any. The ones on the door are just smudges...

Yeah, I've used that move a couple of times. Not on a jeep, but it appears to work. Its more of an import tactic.

For the record I'm a firefighter and have to break into cars because kids get locked inside.

haha! At first I was thinking that you were a professional thief. :cheesy:

Thank you for your service!

MarkW13

I didn't see any. The ones on the door are just smudges...

haha! At first I was thinking that you were a professional thief. :cheesy:

Thank you for your service!

Pretty much a professional at breaking and entering. I haven't met a car or building that couldn't be breached. Thanks.

Jackal01

Pretty much a professional at breaking and entering. I haven't met a car or building that couldn't be breached. Thanks.

Quick hijack...We use The Big Easy. No damage but it does take a few minutes. All our pumper carry it. All else fails...window punch. Gotta love being trained to legally break into any building or automobile. But it feels amazing when it is a kid or animal left in a car by the parents.

MarkW13

Quick hijack...We use The Big Easy. No damage but it does take a few minutes. All our pumper carry it. All else fails...window punch. Gotta love being trained to legally break into any building or automobile. But it feels amazing when it is a kid or animal left in a car by the parents.

Yup, it's all for a good cause. My goal is to get in with no damage. You win some, you lose some.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
It's called Dinging a door here. They do it with a small blade screw driver and if there good, you may not even notice the damage.

Some vehicles if they Ding the door lock properly just below the lock, it's just like using a key and turns off the alarm :(

Oh yeah, no hammer is needed. They just use the palm of there hand.

Last edited:

trailless

Caught the Bug
Upgrade to half doors! :thumb:

Depends on how the insurance hamdles it. Maybe just the driver side half door... :rolleyes:

Odd that the alarm didn't activate. Mine goes off when I use the key to unlock the doors manually.

I found the alarm to be really sensitive and was surprised it didn't go off... its not like they disconnected the battery either.

It's called Dinging a door here. They do it with a small blade screw driver and if there good, you may not even notice the damage.

Some vehicles if they Ding the door lock properly just below the lock, it's just like using a key and turns off the alarm :(

Oh yeah, no hammer is needed. They just use the palm of there hand.

Hmmm, that's crazy that it can't tell that it isn't a key. Anyways, I've learned my lesson to not leave anything of value, even anything that can be perceived as valuable, in the Jeep.

thardy

Banned
That sucks man! At least they didn't completely trash the thing. And... welcome to Atlanta! Definitely the reason I don't live inside the perimeter any more.

trailless

Caught the Bug
That sucks man! At least they didn't completely trash the thing. And... welcome to Atlanta! Definitely the reason I don't live inside the perimeter any more.

Haha, what a nice welcome and first impression of the city!

It actually happened closer to work in College Park/ Clayton County. I've heard its a really friendly neighborhood... :( :( (sarcasm)

thardy

Banned
Haha, what a nice welcome and first impression of the city!

It actually happened closer to work in College Park/ Clayton County. I've heard its a really friendly neighborhood... :( :( (sarcasm)

That's definitely Clayton County for ya. It's definitely rough on that end of town.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug

X2 on the Big Easy........that's what we use for lockouts......we have one on every Engine and Rescue.

~Woodrow~

JLSilerJK

:cheesy: As if this matters....they're not going to send out CSI for an auto burglary...except on TV.

made me think about the big lebowski-
"You find these stolen cars much?" "Sometimes, I wouldnt hold out much hope for the tape deck, or the Creedence..."

That really sucks. Savages out there in GA. I hope it gets taken care of with as little a headache as possible. And, did they leave your Creedence Clearwater Revival?

Chad

That sucks! Some people are just a**holes. I get worried if I park my Rubi naked just to run into a store for 5 minutes.
( The jeep naked, not me. I tried that once, ended up with a wife! Shit!!!!)

Top Bottom