Jdofmemi and the yet unnamed Jeep rebuild

jdofmemi

It was a good day. Now, about that shock .... [emoji23][emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Oh, yes, I missed some details.

One of my cheapo no name shocks broke completely off coming out the end of Holcomb Creek.

Since I'm now not in position to go to coilovers or something cool, I will be shopping for a suitable replacement pair. For $50 a piece, the no name got me by for some pretty epic trips.

I had a tire spring a leak. It was a slow leak, but Kevin heard it while we were eating lunch as he walked by. Put the spare on and I will patch up the small hole.

I also had my negative battery cable come loose and stalled me. I hate the stock terminal ends, and need to wrap them with some copper plate, I just didn't get that far Saturday.

Oh, and speed sensor issues. I think I have a bad connector, as it usually happens when it's really rough while turning. Looses enough signal it goes into limp mode in spite of the kill switch. If I shut the Jeep off and restart, it resets and drives normal. Happened 5 or 6 times over the course of the long day.

Attachments

• PXL_20210321_225558862_copy_800x1066.jpg
    PXL_20210321_225558862_copy_800x1066.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 89

Brute

Hooked
Oh, yes, I missed some details.

One of my cheapo no name shocks broke completely off coming out the end of Holcomb Creek.

Since I'm now not in position to go to coilovers or something cool, I will be shopping for a suitable replacement pair. For $50 a piece, the no name got me by for some pretty epic trips.

I had a tire spring a leak. It was a slow leak, but Kevin heard it while we were eating lunch as he walked by. Put the spare on and I will patch up the small hole.

I also had my negative battery cable come loose and stalled me. I hate the stock terminal ends, and need to wrap them with some copper plate, I just didn't get that far Saturday.

Oh, and speed sensor issues. I think I have a bad connector, as it usually happens when it's really rough while turning. Looses enough signal it goes into limp mode in spite of the kill switch. If I shut the Jeep off and restart, it resets and drives normal. Happened 5 or 6 times over the course of the long day.

Just a normal day on the trail for you huh Jerry?...

jdofmemi

Showing some love to the white Jeep.

I picked it up from the dealership today, with a freshly replaced clock spring.

Now the air bag light is off, and the radio and other crap on the steering wheel are all back in action.

Now to figure out why the Jeep I was content with seems to drive so poorly. I never realized that it wasn't fine, until I drove Vengeance across the country, and felt how planted it is on the road.

The siblings did get to meet today for the first time.

The white Jeep is about 3" taller at the cowl, and 4" at the back.

The Fusion 60 has 1-1/4" less clearance under the low point of the diff than the Pro Rock 60 does.

They both fit in the garage together.

I hope they play nice with each other tonight 🤣

Attachments

• PXL_20210401_050630190.MP_copy_800x600.jpg
    PXL_20210401_050630190.MP_copy_800x600.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 46

fiend

Caught the Bug
Nice, looking forward to the new rig. What’s your caster on the JKU? Toe?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jdofmemi

Doing some work on the White Jeep.

Stripped it if the bikini top, and replaced it with the Alien Shade that I have had new in the box for nearly two years.
Mounted the winch remote to the cage for easy access, and got a new phone mount, since I robbed the original one for Vengeance.

I also mounted up pair 3 of temporary rear shocks since I ruined my King's on the Rubicon.

I wore out the RS-9000s, and broke the no name ones I put on last year. Went with some inexpensive Bilsteins for now, as they were available in stock.

Planning on going to coilovers next, hopefully this is the last "temporary" set 🙄

Oh, and some new shoes came, but I'm going to let the siblings argue over them for a couple of days 🤣🤣 PXL_20210412_223444249.jpg
PXL_20210412_225358763_copy_800x600.jpg PXL_20210412_225409229_copy_800x1066.jpg PXL_20210412_225417110_copy_800x600.jpg PXL_20210412_230033782_copy_800x600.jpg

Jsouder53

Hooked
Well look at that! Had a feeling that was going to happen but not this soon lol

I’m guessing they’ll be going on vengeance...

jdofmemi

Well look at that! Had a feeling that was going to happen but not this soon lol

I’m guessing they’ll be going on vengeance...
That's one thought, but it will mean mounting them twice, as Vengeance needs Nittos and they are all sold out.
The wheels don't swap either, so no easy way.
On the other hand, Vengeance sits so low, and the White Jeep is already substantially taller, it will be even worse on 40s.
Hmmmm.....
I have till the end of the week to decide, but rolling out Saturday, so they need to be on something by then.

MericaMade

And like one jeep isn't expensive enough. Y
That's one thought, but it will mean mounting them twice, as Vengeance needs Nittos and they are all sold out.
The wheels don't swap either, so no easy way.
On the other hand, Vengeance sits so low, and the White Jeep is already substantially taller, it will be even worse on 40s.
Hmmmm.....
I have till the end of the week to decide, but rolling out Saturday, so they need to be on something by then.
I would say put the 40s on the white jeep and wait till some Nitto 40s are available for Vengeance.

jdofmemi

And like one jeep isn't expensive enough. Y

I would say put the 40s on the white jeep and wait till some Nitto 40s are available for Vengeance.
That's certainly the easiest choice.

If Vengeance was not so low to the ground it would not require any thought, but the biggest downside with Vengeance is belly clearance, or rather, the lack thereof.

Lots of big ledges in Moab to get up and over.

Maybe that just drives the choice of which rig for which trail🤔

MericaMade

That's certainly the easiest choice.

If Vengeance was not so low to the ground it would not require any thought, but the biggest downside with Vengeance is belly clearance, or rather, the lack thereof.

Lots of big ledges in Moab to get up and over.

Maybe that just drives the choice of which rig for which trail🤔

Yeah the extra height would be nice. Eenie meenie miney mo then??? LOL

Top Bottom