Jack, or no jack?

NME

So I'll be replacing my front lower control arms and my track bar today. I've been watching videos and it all seems pretty straight forward. However, some videos have bad angles or confused me. I've seen some videos of people having a jack under the diff but the tires look flat. Do I need a jack to replace the front lower control arms? Also most of the track bar videos I found people have the hydrolic lift for the track bar. Can I replace it without being off the ground? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
So I'll be replacing my front lower control arms and my track bar today. I've been watching videos and it all seems pretty straight forward. However, some videos have bad angles or confused me. I've seen some videos of people having a jack under the diff but the tires look flat. Do I need a jack to replace the front lower control arms? Also most of the track bar videos I found people have the hydrolic lift for the track bar. Can I replace it without being off the ground? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

You certainly don't need a jack but it can be helpful. These guys are your best friend:

61wdtSa-h2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Do you not own one? You can get by without an impact, you need to own a floor jack and stands.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

CalSgt

Hooked
You certainly don't need a jack but it can be helpful. These guys are your best friend:

View attachment 360800

This...

I replaced my lowers in the dark in my brother in laws driveway the night before a Rubicon trip without jacking the vehicle up, I only had hand tools and prybars. ONLY REPLACE ONE ARM AT A TIME! If you pull the bolts from both lower arms shit will get exciting real quick.

NME

Do you not own one? You can get by without an impact, you need to own a floor jack and stands.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I do have one, but I left it at my moms house because I needed to work on her truck. She lives about 45 minutes from me and I wanted to replace the parts today. I can wait and just go grab it Friday if it is needed.

NME

This...

I replaced my lowers in the dark in my brother in laws driveway the night before a Rubicon trip without jacking the vehicle up, I only had hand tools and prybars. ONLY REPLACE ONE ARM AT A TIME! If you pull the bolts from both lower arms shit will get exciting real quick.

Thankfully, I did know to do only one at a time, but I don't have my prybars here either. Alright, appreciate the info gents. I'll postpone until Friday when I can pick up my stuff.

jesse3638

Hooked
Thankfully, I did know to do only one at a time, but I don't have my prybars here either. Alright, appreciate the info gents. I'll postpone until Friday when I can pick up my stuff.
Those prybars posted are cheap at harbor freight. You'll use the hell out of them..haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
I've had my lowers in and out many times. No jack needed. Only do one at a time. Use a ratcheting cargo strap to pull the axle into place so the bolt goes though. Easy peasy.

Top Bottom