Is my Antenna To Long for her?

Petthefish

So I got a four foot Cobra antenna for my jeep I plan on mounting it on the stock spare tire carrier. My wife :doh: is worried that it is going to be to long I know I know Thats what she said lol. ohh this is for out 2015 JKU

So what length are yall running?

10402d1346643434-cb-antenna-mounting-locations-depan.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 3' Fire Stick on both Jeeps.

It depends on your intended use. For me, 95% of the time I am only looking to talk to a few Jeeps in front and behind me on the trail. You don't need a bunch of CB power or antenna length to accomplish this.

If your groups get big or you plan to use it on the highway as well, you will want more CB power and a longer antenna.

kornchip

I have a 4 foot firestick on one of evo's tire carrier brackets. It works fine but in a lot a cases a 3 footer would be more convenient imo.

Peak

4' firestik on an EVO mount. Won't fit in the garage though, probably going to get a 3' Firestik.

foley0416

I run the 4' with a tire carrier mount. Put mine on a spring, slaps the garage, parking deck, etc. when I don't strap it down. 3' would probably work better, might go to that if I have to replace this one.

Attachments

• 1433435354991.jpg
    1433435354991.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 178

KalebD

I'm running a 5' fire stick and love it! It is kinda tall and I do have to take it off to fit in a garage or go under some drive throughs but I like how it looks and functions

Attachments

• 1433445730791.jpg
    1433445730791.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 148

catahoula

Caught the Bug
3-4'. We had mounted a long antenna years ago on our CJ on the rear quarter. That way it would not interfere with your rear door.

Armydog

Running a five foot fire stick on a spring mount..... It bends when I pull in the current garage. The new house garage has higher door/bays so it's all good.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433471965.445310.jpg

Top Bottom