Is 4wheelparts gonna F@&$ me?

Skid_Kid

To cover down on a few that questioned if Discount Tire will mount tires to ATX Slabs (or any other beadlock).....that would be a big NO. Two choice to get tires mounted on beadlocks- 1) find a "true" Offroad shop to do it. 2) do it yourself, maybe with a friend. There are tons of YouTube video instructionals on how to do it. It's not that hard and then you get to brag about it to family, friends and all of us Internet wheeling professional ninjas :thumb:

Thanks Greg. I will tackle this myself. One more question, how hard were your 40's to balance?

Moochie

I put my rings on, Discount aired em up to set the rear bead,balanced and installed them on my Jeep. They did everything except touch the rings. Free rotation forever.

GCM 2

Thanks Greg. I will tackle this myself. One more question, how hard were your 40's to balance?

Well, I mounted my old Goodyear MTR/K's on my Walker Evans in my garage at home, on a five gallon bucket, a plastic dead blow hammer and lots of REALLY slimy soapy water for one tire. All but one tire out of five went on with using only the bucket and hammer. That last one I needed help and a couple of large pry bars. Then I took them down to Discount Tire and the guys there balance them. The Goodyears took lots of wheel weights, but eventually zero'd out on the road force balance machine and were good enough to drive on.

Now my new ATX Slabs and Nitto Mud Grapplers, those were assembled by Off Road Evolution. These are simply badass! ZERO wheel weights, no shakes, wobbles or vibrations. Goodyear needs to take a class from Nitto Tires on how to produce big round off road tires, not square.

MobyJR

Well, I mounted my old Goodyear MTR/K's on my Walker Evans in my garage at home, on a five gallon bucket, a plastic dead blow hammer and lots of REALLY slimy soapy water for one tire. All but one tire out of five went on with using only the bucket and hammer. That last one I needed help and a couple of large pry bars. Then I took them down to Discount Tire and the guys there balance them. The Goodyears took lots of wheel weights, but eventually zero'd out on the road force balance machine and were good enough to drive on.

Now my new ATX Slabs and Nitto Mud Grapplers, those were assembled by Off Road Evolution. These are simply badass! ZERO wheel weights, no shakes, wobbles or vibrations. Goodyear needs to take a class from Nitto Tires on how to produce big round off road tires, not square.

Yeah I'm liking Nitto more and more every day. If they're good enough for Moby SR, they're good enough for Moby JR :)

Skid_Kid

Good to know! I bought my Slabs from ORE and just waiting for them to come in for pick up. Maybe when I have them do my lift I will just go through them for my Nitto 37in Trail Grapplers I want.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GCM 2

Good to know! I bought my Slabs from ORE and just waiting for them to come in for pick up. Maybe when I have them do my lift I will just go through them for my Nitto 37in Trail Grapplers I want.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The Nitto's probably won't even need to be balanced.

GCM 2

Hmmm? I see your post count is now over 1000. Maybe I'll start listening to what you have to say? ;)

Mike, your words cut me like a 1000 tiny dull knives. I will hurt from your comment for approximately 13 more minutes. Please allow me this time to grieve.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom