Installed my ARB Compressor

ozziedtar

Installed my ARB Compressor today. Using the guide here on WAYALIFE and the Youtube video, it all went well. The brackets I bought on EBAY to fix the one I broke, were not the same. After some investigation found some hot glue sticks to fix PP plastic. Used it, solid as ever. Changed out the DLR on the left side while I had the fender off. Change out the right one tomorrow.

Boston Bill

I like the Wayalife set up a lot but am not keen on having it in the engine compartment. And for the price not sure I want to go that way. I also like this one that goes under the passenger seat, EPIC KRAKEN TIRE INFLATION SYSTEM FOR JEEP WRANGLER & GLADIATOR (JL/JT). But am not to keen on spending this kind of dollars.
I am going to start with this 1st Makita MAC210Q Quiet Series, 1 HP, 2 Gallon, Oil-Free, Electric Air Compressor, the only thing I have ever found on Amazon with 5 stars. Wish me luck. I am just going ORV on the sand dunes that are in my area.
I'll see how long this lasts and take it from there.

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Installed my ARB Compressor today. Using the guide here on WAYALIFE and the Youtube video, it all went well. The brackets I bought on EBAY to fix the one I broke, were not the same. After some investigation found some hot glue sticks to fix PP plastic. Used it, solid as ever. Changed out the DLR on the left side while I had the fender off. Change out the right one tomorrow.
Glad to hear you're happy with your ACM and that our video helped you to get it installed. (y)

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I like the Wayalife set up a lot but am not keen on having it in the engine compartment. And for the price not sure I want to go that way. I also like this one that goes under the passenger seat, EPIC KRAKEN TIRE INFLATION SYSTEM FOR JEEP WRANGLER & GLADIATOR (JL/JT). But am not to keen on spending this kind of dollars.
I am going to start with this 1st Makita MAC210Q Quiet Series, 1 HP, 2 Gallon, Oil-Free, Electric Air Compressor, the only thing I have ever found on Amazon with 5 stars. Wish me luck. I am just going ORV on the sand dunes that are in my area.
Been running an ARB compressor under the hood of Moby, our 2007 JKUR for 15 years now and about 10 of them with a very hot 6.2L V8. Never had an issue. Been running it on our JLUR for about 3 years and on our JT for 2 and without any issues. That said, I wish you the best of luck with what you chose to buy.

Upvote 0

ozziedtar

I am a total Noob to 4 wheeling. The Jeep was on my bucket list and I ordered the Mojave, as there are lots of trails near where I live. I did the ARB system, as I like things out of the way, and the only other mods that I may do is the front bumper and adding a winch, a DMRS Radio, and a tonneau cover. Other than that, it will remain stock.. I hope the Makita works for you. How are you planning to power the Makita.

Upvote 0

ozziedtar

Glad to hear you're happy with your ACM and that our video helped you to get it installed. (y)
The video was awesome for the wiring aspect, but your step by step here on the website was great in detailing what had to be done to remove the fender and the mechanical hook up. Best of both worlds worked for me.

Upvote 0
This looks like a nice product but it is designed for AC power and intended to be plugged into the wall. You could run it off of an inverter but at 1HP it would require a lot of power (at least 748 watts but perhaps closer to 1000 peak).

Upvote 0
Top Bottom