Inner axle seals for Dana 44 with 35 spline shafts?

Spazbyt

Hooked
I'm rebuilding my rear factory Dana 44 with 35 spline shafts. The 35 shafts are 2.5mm wider then the factory 30 spline. Will this be a problem for the OEM inner axle seals?

WJCO

Meme King
I'm rebuilding my rear factory Dana 44 with 35 spline shafts. The 35 shafts are 2.5mm wider then the factory 30 spline. Will this be a problem for the OEM inner axle seals?
The rear diff doesn't have inner seals, only has outer seals. Not sure if they're different sizes though. Did your new axle shafts come with seals already installed on them?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The rear diff doesn't have inner seals, only has outer seals. Not sure if they're different sizes though. Did your new axle shafts come with seals already installed on them?
This ^^^^

The rear axle is designed to have oil travel through the axle tubes and lube the bearings at the flange. I rarely see new shafts being sold without everything already pressed on.

Spazbyt

Hooked
Ahh ha! That explains why I couldn't remember knocking the inner seals out. It looks like there is a place for an inner seal like the front 44 has and that had me scratching my head. Well, you guys saved me from catastrophic failure! Thanks for the quick replies.

Top Bottom