In The Shop - Disciple Off Road

Revolution and others we have used for the JL/JT all still use the same outer pinion bearing with the plastic style cage in their kits. This is only on the rear axle though. We haven’t seen a ton of failures or issues and the rears also set up with a super light 12-19 in. lbs. of preload.

For comparison, D44(left) and D35(right)

View attachment 397975

Yes we absolutely use set up bearings for the pinion but just the outer on JL/JT’s as pinion depth shimming on them is done under the inner race. On JK’s we have set up bearings for inner and outer as they are shimmed under the inner pinion bearing.

Great questions!
Thanks. So as far as setting the depth, do you have to knock that race in and out a few times during setup?

I loved the look of my LOD Destroyers…

but, I destroyed one of them the first time out and it destroyed my rocker panel. To be fair it was a pretty extreme situation.

My biggest complaint was that the powder coating flaked off in big pieces as soon as they got a few scratches.

I tried to find pictures of the damage but my camera roll starts at the time when I was replacing them. This one shows the powder coat failing though
IMG_4641.jpeg

ETA: I did a search on here and found a better picture
1699583140937.jpeg

I loved the look of my LOD Destroyers…

but, I destroyed one of them the first time out and it destroyed my rocker panel. To be fair it was a pretty extreme situation.

My biggest complaint was that the powder coating flaked off in big pieces as soon as they got a few scratches.

I tried to find pictures of the damage but my camera roll starts at the time when I was replacing them. This one shows the powder coat failing though
View attachment 397977

ETA: I did a search on here and found a better picture
View attachment 397978
Holy cow you aren’t kidding! And definitely looks like they took a hard hit.

Gears have been the popular upgrade lately!

A lot people ask what the average rate or price is for a re-gear and can tell you our price for a JL/JT is $2,819.99 out the door using Revolution Gear and Axle with full master install kits. This also includes a 500 mile break in inspection and oil change.

View attachment 397956
View attachment 397946
View attachment 397947

Test fitted this RockHard4x4 sport cage that is now off to powder coat.

View attachment 397951

Added some LOD Destroyer rockers to this JT. These are super nice and extremely stout to take a hit and surprisingly still provide a nice step.

View attachment 397953

Installed an AEV 2-Inch spacer lift on a Mojave JT with some really nice AEV wheels and 37” NITTO Ridge Grapplers. These wheels have an option for a “beauty ring” with standard mounting or can be mounted as a beadlock with a specific beadlock ring. Will get some pics of the Jeep on the ground.

View attachment 397954
View attachment 397955
Yep hopefully we’ll have the wife’s rig in your shop sometime at the start of the year. Either for gears or coil overs still debating on which route to go first.

Same but with cheaper 1" steel angle iron...

Mine fits 5 & 6 lug, haven't tried 8 yet. Also have a "custom" hole to hang on a nail when not in use.
What's the overall length on those bars? I just installed MetalCload steering parts and need to make some bars for myself and I'm not sure what a good length would be.

This 392 is going home tomorrow and really happy with the way it turned out. It drives great with the DTD/Long Arms and really liking the 4.88 gears with the 38's. We also added the EVO slider rock lights which are crazy bright and work really well.

IMG_0698.jpg
IMG_0711.jpg
IMG_0708.jpg
IMG_0700.jpg

We did the RockJock high steer kit with knuckles and as you can see, raises up the steering quite a bit. With mixing aftermarket parts that weren't designed together (DTD brackets and RockJock High Steer), we had to get creative with getting everything to cycle properly, especially the ram assist. Only place the PSC would work was under the tie rod so we will be making a skid plate for it. You can also see the links are bent inward which was needed to clear the steering linkage at full lock/stuff and droop. Needless to say, everything gets super tight!

IMG_0712.jpg
IMG_0710.jpg

Rear aftermarket bumper was added along with with EVO HD tire carrier.

IMG_0705.jpg

With the EVO HD tire carrier, we again used the Teraflex camera mount which works great. And of course some 38" Trail Grapplers and Method Beadlocks.

IMG_0704.jpg

The EVO rear JL/JLU inner fenders are now available to order...finally! They really finished off the rear inner wheel wells. These didn't require any trimming or modifications even with the bolt on coilovers.

IMG_0679.JPG

We also added an ARB Twin compressor under the passenger seat using the GRIMM mount. Super clean setup allowing you to have access to the air chuck and switch on the side of the seat. Kind of nice that you don't have to use a stock AUX stich or the like for the compressor.

IMG_0639.jpg

Only thing we are going to change is add some heavier rate coils in the rear. The front uses the HD 392/Diesel 400 lower coil that are a 400 but the rear still uses a 200/200 which is crazy light. We had to add a ton of preload just to get it sitting close to level.

Top Bottom