I would totally wheel it!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who've never seen one before, this is the Ferves Ranger - cousin of the Fiat 500 and 600. If Fiat made a modern day version of this, I would so totally wheel it. :D

The Ferves Ranger Is The Mostest Cutest Off-Roader Ever
xlarge.jpg

The Ferves Ranger is a cousin of the Fiat 500 and 600. It uses a Fiat 500F's engine (2 cylinder, 499cc, about 22 HP), a Fiat 600's suspension bits, and a custom body/tub designed for off-road use. The company, Ferves, gets its name from Ferrari Veicoli Speciali, and yes, that's Ferrari Special Vehicles. I guess for Ferrari, this vehicle is pretty "special." They only made about 600 Rangers, between 1966 and 1971.

Early Rangers were 2WD, but they soon added 4WD capability, and, interestingly, a very low-geared differential to allow the car to "walk" slowly through woods or other rough terrain. It seems like a pretty useful and capable little off-roader.

original.jpg

The whole artile can be seen here:
http://jalopnik.com/squee/

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Is that a trektop nx? Lmao "even the chassis is cute" holy crap. I'm with Eddie on this one though, I'd climb up a curb or two with that thing.

Robar

The Enforcer
That would be a cool little rig. Put one of the cages on, so it always rolls right side up if it flops. :thumb:

Zstairlessone

Wallace and Grommet mobile.

That's too cool. Like something you'd park in the living room so the real Jeeps don't eat it. I'd drive it all over the place.

Top Bottom