Hydro locked 3.8

JunctionRubi

I hit a mud puddle with some standing water yesterday and jeep almost instantly died. The puddle was about foot to foot and half deep but iam afraid i was going to fast and sucked up water. After most the day geeting it out and towed home i pulled the plugs and tryied to crank it over and nothing. The air filter was soaked and cant get it to turn over with a breaker bar on the crank bolt. I did blow water out of the cylinders with a compressor and drian the oil. Any advice would be helpful.

pvkj454

One bent rod on my buggy LS engine completely locked it like that. It was oil instead of water but same results. I could have easily replaced the rod and piston for that cylinder because it didn't damage the crank.

JunctionRubi

I think the best thing for me to do is have a shop install a reman motor. I dont have the space,tools or experience to tackle it.

JunctionRubi

Have not been active on here for while so quick recap. I pulled to motor and found that the crank hit and broke one piston and was embedded into another, and that is what was locking it up. Saved up money and ordered a remain long block that took a month to get here. I have everything ready for this weekend’s installation.

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks for reporting back. Glad to see you're tackling it. You'll save some $ and learn in the process.

Top Bottom