HVAC Question - odd operation.

Galo

'97TJ Sport
2.5L w/ A/C

With hot air selected on the temp control, and the selector switch in the dash vent position, it works as it should. However, if I move the selector switch to the defrost or floor position, although it does work, my A/C compressor kicks on. Has anybody experienced this? I can open the dash if need be, but would really prefer not to.

Any and all thoughts are welcome.

Happy New Year.

Good Day and God Bless.

Jason.

'97TJ Sport
2.5L w/ A/C

With hot air selected on the temp control, and the selector switch in the dash vent position, it works as it should. However, if I move the selector switch to the defrost or floor position, although it does work, my A/C compressor kicks on. Has anybody experienced this? I can open the dash if need be, but would really prefer not to.

Any and all thoughts are welcome.

Happy New Year.

Good Day and God Bless.

Jason.

It's probably normal. MANY vehicles now will cause your compressor to kick on in defrost mode even with hot air selected. It's because the air conditioning system actually pulls humidity out of the air, thus defrosting the windows faster. I had a Ford F150 that did it that I couldn't over-ride, however our Honda Odyssey does the same thing your TJ does, but we can over-ride it if we want to.

Thanks Will,

I was afraid that might be the case.

Maybe I can use that as justification for a gear change, hmmm.

Thanks, and good day.

Jason

Top Bottom