Howdy from Reno

John90XJ

Hi everyone, John from Reno here. Been lurking for a little while as I've started a new JK project for CRAWL Magazine. It's our first internal JK project in our 17 year history and having a steep learning curve has led me to new places, like here. With CRAWL covering a lot of 40-42" tire rigs with capabilities that go way beyond the average, it was decided we would build the rig so many talk about, one that is focused on driving to the trail and then, using skill and good armor, make it through the trail. Our 2012 JKR 2-door is on a 2.5" lift, 35's, well armored and close to OEM weight. It's been a hoot. Without turning this into a shameless plug for the magazine, I'll be covering it ongoing as it's now my primary wheeling rig. I now realize what a lot of you have known for a while...these are really comfortable, capable and cost effective rigs.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to WAYALIFE! Always nice to have a local on here. Look forward to seeing the build come together.

FFPulley77

Hooked
Welcome, from another 2 door, 2.5” lift and 35’s. I’ll be interested in your build! Do you have any pictures?

John90XJ

Welcome, from another 2 door, 2.5” lift and 35’s. I’ll be interested in your build! Do you have any pictures?
Here you go, thanks for the interest. 2012 JKR, 25k miles, factory 4.10 D44s, Artec truss work, Yukon 4340 shafts, Reel 1350 driveshafts, Savvy aluminum bumpers, Artec aluminum skids, OEM Recon rockers, MCE fenders, Teraflex wheels, Teraflex 2.5 Alpine suspension with their Falcon 3.3 shocks, factory hard & soft tops, Artec spare tire delete, Warn 9.0RC with Factor 55 gear. Weight was a big consideration and keeping it within 10% of OEM curb. It's never going to be done but it's at that "not what we add, but what we subtract" point. The vehicle goal was to make life a little more challenging eschewing the large tires, beadlocks, big axles and try some old school stuff like we used to do 15-20 years ago.

Attachments

• CRAWL Little Feller JK.jpg
    CRAWL Little Feller JK.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom