HOW TO Install a Lift Kit on a Jeep JT Gladiator for Beginners

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video as always you two! I can't think of a better step by step install video that covers every detail like you guys did, especially how to manipulate the axle with the jack for control arms and pinion angle. I'm totally using your pro tip using the adhesive for the isolators! Those are always a pain to deal with so thank you!

Jeep looks really good though overall with the 4.5"lift, wheels and 37's. I have to imagine this isn't the end of modifications for Bandit :D
We appreciate you saying as much and the spray adhesive makes quick easy work getting the coils installed for sure!

As far as modifications go, what would ever give you that idea? 🤪

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another great video as always. Cindy is such a great videographer. Eddie the way you explain things is always perfect. I had my wife watch this with me as we are about to install a lift on hers. I am teaching her how to work on her own jeep. She said I can do this after seeing your video. I did my JT 2 years ago with floor jacks and jack stands. My question to you is. With the 4.5 lift, did you replace the front driveshaft? Thanks for the help.
That is so awesome to hear and we're glad that we could be of help!

Regarding drive shafts, we still have FAD on our front axle and so it's not a pressing issue for me. However, I can tell you that it is something we'll end up having to replace and probably sooner than later with the assumption that we will get out and wheel this thing.

jeeeep

Hooked
Good video, you must have a bigger Milwaukee impact than mine. It won’t break the bolts loose on the factory arm bolts. 🤬
I have the model 2763 1/2" impact and it'll easily break loose the factory arms bolts, used it to break loose the axle nuts, ball joints etc...

Which model do you have?

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
Another detailed, well done video. Most people on youtube - just talk about a lift then take before and after shots, hit the trail and call it at that. Is Evo going to revise their spring isolator(s) for this kit in the future ?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another detailed, well done video. Most people on youtube - just talk about a lift then take before and after shots, hit the trail and call it at that. Is Evo going to revise their spring isolator(s) for this kit in the future ?
The EVO kit doesn't come with spring isolators and really, they're not really necessary being that the bow doesn't cause any problems. I just wanted to fix it because I didn't like the way it looked. Fortunately, the isolators can be had for cheap and by multiple manufacturers.
Looks great! What’s the height after the lift?
So, the lift is apparently measured from the rear and that yielded about 5" of actual lift but I suspect that'll settle down a bit. Up front, EVO purposefully uses taller coil coils to help 'level' out the ride and we saw almost 7" of actual lift right off the bat. Again, this will most likely settle out to about 6.5" and that's what EVO states.

This kit definitely sits on the tall side but I really like it this way. If you're wanting something a bit lower, get the 2.5" kit as that will give you the same results only lower. As in, 2.5" in the rear and 4.5" up front.

Bear_JT

Hooked
This was a great video Cindy and Eddie. I really like the spray adhesive idea. That would have saved me a lot of stress when I installed mine. Also sharing the torque specs is very cool of you. Thank you for that.

Top Bottom