How long should my sway bar links be?

I have a stock JKU (sport) and I need new sway bar links. I’d like to get disconnects but there is little information on how long they should be. The stock unit was tiny — about 4-5” tops.

But I see you can but very long or even adjustable replacements.

I’m looking for speed — we hit the trail with three kids and sway bar D/C takes forever! I don’t really care about looks, I’m happy with simple black steel.

Any advice for a newbie?

thanks!

Last edited:
Did you test the disconnect by hand on the bench or on your Jeep to see if it's working properly?
Yeah for sure. Both before I installed the bar and since. I’m sure that when it’s engaged the force I apply with my hand is substantially less than the jeep rolling over even a small curve in the road. I suspect it’s not fully engaging too — but I don’t know how it would sound if it were broken.

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah for sure. Both before I installed the bar and since. I’m sure that when it’s engaged the force I apply with my hand is substantially less than the jeep rolling over even a small curve in the road. I suspect it’s not fully engaging too — but I don’t know how it would sound if it were broken.
Not necessarily. If what you're hearing is a loud clunking or snapping, it could be not engaging. If what you're hearing is just a clicking, I would double check your link connection points as they might be just ever so loose enough to allow for movement. This is NOT uncommon.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom