How do you stow soft top windows in a two door?

Bluman

Stupid question for the day but how are you supposed to store soft top windows in a two door JL? I bought the window storage bag despite the internet saying that it does not fit in a two door. The internet was partially right in the that doesn't stow behind the rear seat because it's WAY too wide to fit between the wheel wells. It does, however, fit directly behind the front seats but then you can't use the back seat. I went with the soft top so that I can put it down by myself and take it with me. It partly defeats the purpose if I can't take all of it with me. 😅

BaddestCross

Yeah, this is why I went with the Smittybilt combo top as it has storage for the windows inside of the roof. I think Rampage has the same feature. Of course, this only works if you prefer a safari top and not fully topless.

I think there are storage options that you roll the windows instead of laying them flat, but I don't recall the maker.

Upvote 0

Bluman

Thanks. I think I'll have to search around for some roll up options or see if I can remember how to sew well enough to make my own.

This did have me laughing out loud the first time I tried it:
20211224_113147.jpg

btw, safari top and full doors is great for winter. It hasn't gotten properly cold yet to test out the heater but I think that might be the perfect way to go out and play in a nice, wet snow. 😂
I just think summer will have to be top down and half doors or no doors as long as it's not raining. Especially with full doors the JL just doesn't feel as open as the JK.

Upvote 0
I actually didn't have a problem putting the windows in the back of my 2 door JL because of the way the windows and the bag are designed.
You can rotate the thick side pieces about 4 inches without bending the sliding parts. I'll post a pic later. But I did the rotation to get it into the back, noted how much I had to bend ... then laid the bag on the ground, unzipped each side, did the same rotation and looked to see what is bending. Turns out the parts that are supposed to be flat are still flat. The green clippies are flat. The round top and bottom sliders aren't bent. Voila !

Upvote 0

Bluman

I had a go and idk why but it's not a good feeling bending the bag. Everything comes back out fine so maybe I just need to get over it and get used to it. 🤣
I'm planning on replacing the black top w/ a tan top sooner than later, so I have even less reason to worry. (Only ordered w/ black top because I couldn't get an order in for tan top + half doors.)

Upvote 0
Top Bottom