Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

Kyle7R

Not easy, by any means. But definitely easier than I was expecting.

Attachments

• 1457748859669.jpg
    1457748859669.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 1457748869341.jpg
    1457748869341.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 87

Kyle7R

Well fellas, I learned a lesson on the soft tops our JK's run.

Got a set of tinted windows dirty my 09 from a guy off craigslist, and didn't think that there were any differences. Well, the rear windows apparently changed in '11.

Anybody need some tinted windows from a 2011 - up 2door? Lol.

That is my clear window laying on top of the new one. Now I gotta figure out a new plan.

Attachments

• 1457984430939.jpg
    1457984430939.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 52

Napalm

Well fellas, I learned a lesson on the soft tops our JK's run.

Got a set of tinted windows dirty my 09 from a guy off craigslist, and didn't think that there were any differences. Well, the rear windows apparently changed in '11.

Anybody need some tinted windows from a 2011 - up 2door? Lol.

That is my clear window laying on top of the new one. Now I gotta figure out a new plan.

Wish these were for a four door. I'd take them off your hands!

Kyle7R

I just bought a pair... but cant install them right away because I had a set of Delta's (they are just as bad as the stock lights if not worse!) and I need the stock light ring to hold the truck lite's in.... The stock lights and the ring must have been tossed... sooooo off to the dealer to buy a set.. for a mear $53.00 each I bought them OUCH!!!!

should get them by friday this week and I can't wait to finally get some decent lights!.. They sure wern't cheap though something like 600.00 for the pair at 4-parts, maybe I spent too much??

anyway, like your site, I think I might have saw you and your wife at the Lucas off road show a week ago... That was over the top cool...lots of neat stuff!!! I went thinking I was going to spend a couple of hours and I think I ended up staying over 6hrs......

gary

Find a set for a 07-10 4 door, and I'll trade you rear windows! Lol.

Napalm

4Hz7SZm.jpg

Finally found a matching spare.
Now it's time to order a tire carrier. Kinda between the Crawler Conceptz body mount, or the Or-Fab. Anybody have experience with either, or any other suggestions?

I've heard a lot of great things about the orfab except the install is difficult. I do like the way it looks though!

Kyle7R

I've heard a lot of great things about the orfab except the install is difficult. I do like the way it looks though!

I was a little hesitant at first, but I did most of the install myself with basic tools. Had my wife lend me a hand with squaring everything up, and setting up the carrier to the hinge bracket.

Kyle7R

Random question, but any of you guys got thoughts on good places to look at the bluebonnets and other wildflowers?

My wife has been wanting to go for the past couple of years, and we never seem to make it up anywhere while they're in bloom. I'm supposed to be heading to San Antonio on Sunday, meeting with somebody about super secret Jeep parts :spy: and thought we could veer off on a little day trip adventure.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Random question, but any of you guys got thoughts on good places to look at the bluebonnets and other wildflowers?

My wife has been wanting to go for the past couple of years, and we never seem to make it up anywhere while they're in bloom. I'm supposed to be heading to San Antonio on Sunday, meeting with somebody about super secret Jeep parts :spy: and thought we could veer off on a little day trip adventure.

I always have good luck with them in the hill country, just drive out there and pull over on the side of the road at any major field and have at it! :thumb: If you want to make a day of it, pick some place pretty. being that you will be in SA, take the 1 hr north to austin, and shoot up 360, I'm sure there will be some bluebonnets near Lake Austin :thumb:

Kyle7R

I always have good luck with them in the hill country, just drive out there and pull over on the side of the road at any major field and have at it! :thumb: If you want to make a day of it, pick some place pretty. being that you will be in SA, take the 1 hr north to austin, and shoot up 360, I'm sure there will be some bluebonnets near Lake Austin :thumb:

Might just do that, depending on the weather we may even take the JK. If it's windy as hell though, we are taking the Caddy. :brows:

Jackal01

If you're coming from Houston anywhere along 290 between Hempstead and Austin is good. I'm sure there are better places but can't go wrong with the above.

Kyle7R

If you're coming from Houston anywhere along 290 between Hempstead and Austin is good. I'm sure there are better places but can't go wrong with the above.

I plan on going I-10 to San Antonio initially, then up to Georgetown to visit her cousin's grave site, coming home using 290 and other back roads it's a pretty good idea. Appreciate the input fellas.

Jackal01

We saw them late last year so this isn't impressive but pretty nonetheless. Bluebonnets and Indian Paint Brushes together is always a treat.

This was in Bryan right off 290 west bound a couple miles east of the 290 /36 overpass.

1458270757991.jpg

Kyle7R

figured you guys would know more than anybody, but the potential for a wheeling trip got me looking into CB radios. There were a few decently rated handheld sets out there, but upon a little further looking (and coming across an install write-up on Project-JK) I'm thinking I might go with a full size unit. Anybody have any input on these, or feel like helping with an install if I go that route? :beer:

Looking at a few online, currently looking at the Midland 1001Z http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00024DIDK/ref=gl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_img?_encoding=UTF8&colid=7UZWEZ8LD27D&coliid=I3CNQWODWK8S30&psc=1

I know I will need an antenna, and a mount for it as well. Guess I'm just poking around for some insight, never messed with any of this before.

Top Bottom