Household Tips and Tricks

It's all the law suits against the ingredient that supposedly gives you cancer. They probably removed it. Kind of like diazanon granules use for killing ants. Nothing worked better..haha. Maybe try used motor oil..;)

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Grits work well to kill ants. If you add some dish soap to the round up it will work better it helps make it stick to the weeds again.

Lurker

Banned
Back to OP, vinegar is great insecticide though. It can be used to kill ants and stink bugs. Here are some recipes I've found about it. For example, a spray made of apple cider vinegar, water, and few drops peppermint oil would harm ants' senses and make them extra uncomfortable. The same spray could be used in your garden to repell shield bugs.
Also, a blend of 9% vinegar and shampoo (1:1) applied to the open parts of your body can scare off mosquitos during hiking in woods.

Last edited by a moderator:

WJCO

Meme King
Back to OP, vinegar is great insecticide though. It can be used to kill ants and stink bugs. Here are some recipes I've found about it . For example, a spray made of apple cider vinegar, water, and few drops peppermint oil would harm ants' senses and make them extra uncomfortable. The same spray could be used in your garden to repell shield bugs.
Also, a blend of 9% vinegar and shampoo (1:1) applied to the open parts of your body can scare off mosquitos during hiking in woods.

Welcome to Wayalife. Why don't you give us a wave and tell us about yourself before randomly soliciting outside pages.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Back to OP, vinegar is great insecticide though. It can be used to kill ants and stink bugs. Here are some recipes I've found about it. For example, a spray made of apple cider vinegar, water, and few drops peppermint oil would harm ants' senses and make them extra uncomfortable. The same spray could be used in your garden to repell shield bugs.

Thanks for the great response. I haven’t slept in a year and a half waiting for an answer to the OP’s question.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RonaldG

Hey guys! Our washing machine stopped working. I would like to replace it with something other than a machine bought at an RV store like Camping World. I have found numerous makes like GE, Whirlpool, Samsung etc.. that have similar dimensions to the Splendid machine that we have now. Has anybody switched out their washing machine and do you have any suggestions? I've read some recommendations from my friend, Jeremy Iron, on washingmachins.com but your experiences are welcome

Last edited by a moderator:

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Here was my Friday project
View attachment 284001
New tankless water heater

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Just had one of those (same make not sure your model but looks similar) installed this fall. It is awesome! Wasn't happy with the plumber that did it. Over charged the f*#* out of me. And did do as clean of an install as I would have expected for that amount of money (scabbed onto the old lines instead of rerouting to make it cleaner, left NG flex line sitting on the ground in my crawl space, cut out a pocket like 3x bigger than they needed for a washing machine utility box thingy). If you were local...

Edit: HA! Just realized this is a zombie thread.

jesse3638

Hooked
Hey guys! Our washing machine stopped working. I would like to replace it with something other than a machine bought at an RV store like Camping World. I have found numerous makes like GE, Whirlpool, Samsung etc.. that have similar dimensions to the Splendid machine that we have now. Has anybody switched out their washing machine and do you have any suggestions?
I'm assuming it's for an RV based on tour reference. While I have no experience with RV W&D's I do have experience with GE. I've had the same GE W&D for nearly 18 years. I can't justify buying new ones when these still work great and parts that wear out are cheap. I've put maybe $200 total into them since I've owned them. Once they finally quit ill be getting another set of GE (top loader washer) and dryer

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Hey guys! Our washing machine stopped working. I would like to replace it with something other than a machine bought at an RV store like Camping World. I have found numerous makes like GE, Whirlpool, Samsung etc.. that have similar dimensions to the Splendid machine that we have now. Has anybody switched out their washing machine and do you have any suggestions?
Sounds like spam to me.

WJCO

Meme King
You should check out LiterACola. Great brand.

JKbrick

Just had one of those (same make not sure your model but looks similar) installed this fall. It is awesome! Wasn't happy with the plumber that did it. Over charged the f*#* out of me. And did do as clean of an install as I would have expected for that amount of money (scabbed onto the old lines instead of rerouting to make it cleaner, left NG flex line sitting on the ground in my crawl space, cut out a pocket like 3x bigger than they needed for a washing machine utility box thingy). If you were local...

Edit: HA! Just realized this is a zombie thread.
What’s a zombie thread?

RedPool

Anyone know if the baking soda trick works on poison sumac? I have a few clusters on it along my fence line that I want gone. I have tried a few different weed killers but nothing is working.

CalSgt

Hooked
Anyone know if the baking soda trick works on poison sumac? I have a few clusters on it along my fence line that I want gone. I have tried a few different weed killers but nothing is working.
Roundup makes a special blend for toxic weeds, not sure what the baking soda trick is.

Robar

The Enforcer
Have you tried diesel fuel. That kills a lot of vegetation.

Top Bottom