Horn honks when exiting running vehicle

J T

I'd like to cancel this "feature" so every time I get out of my 2022 Wrangler with the engine running it does not honk the horn three times. Any tips would be appreciated.

JimLee

Hooked
I'd like to cancel this "feature" so every time I get out of my 2022 Wrangler with the engine running it does not honk the horn three times. Any tips would be appreciated.
I've got the shitbox edition so I don't have this "feature" but any options I do have are in selectable in the head unit AKA radio. If it isn't there you may need a programmer (tazer, flashcal, etc) but make sure if you buy one it has control over the features you want to control, they are not all the same.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Leave the key in it and it won’t do that 👍
This^ it’s a standard feature that you can not disable. This goes for all mfg’s out there. It’s a warning that you left the car with the key and it’s still running.

Kuboske

Simple old school fix... Cut the wires to the horn. Go to store and purchase one of those aerosol horns commonly used at outdoor sports events or while boating. Station said aerosol horn within easy reach of driver, for quick use when needed.

I must have got lucky, I could fly to China with my fob in my pocket and my JL would just sit there running with the "Fob has left the vehicle" displayed, no honking.
LMAO! Yeah, mine doesn’t do it either… thankfully. That’s just a stupid feature.

trailraider

how often are you getting in and out that this is an issue? Do you deliver flyers in your neighborhood or something?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wish I could get rid of this annoying honking as well. When we're down at our Boulder City home (essentially Vegas) in the summer time, we typically leave our engine and AC running when doing things like shopping. Mainly for our dog but even if we didn't have her with us, we'd still do it if only because it doesn't take long for a Jeep to get stupid hot inside and takes forever to cool it down. Of course, you can't lock up your Jeep if you leave the FOB inside 🤪

Top Bottom