Holy Jeep

Wardell

That's the Jeep Popemobile from his visit to Ecuador a few months ago.

Apparently, there's a different Jeep Popemobile built for his visit to the US, but I don't think there are pics out of it yet. It will probably look similar though. I'm curious what shop did the build on it.

Pope Francis also used a Jeepney Popemobile in the Philippines, but I'm not sure if that counts...

These Wrangler Popemobiles are really interesting though, considering the original white, open topped Popemobile was a CJ-3B. It was used for Pope Paul VI's visit to Bombay, India in 1964:

Attachments

• 1440533478933.jpg
    1440533478933.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 188

Singh G

That's the Jeep Popemobile from his visit to Ecuador a few months ago.

Apparently, there's a different Jeep Popemobile built for his visit to the US, but I don't think there are pics out of it yet. It will probably look similar though. I'm curious what shop did the build on it.

Pope Francis also used a Jeepney Popemobile in the Philippines, but I'm not sure if that counts...

These Wrangler Popemobiles are really interesting though, considering the original white, open topped Popemobile was a CJ-3B. It was used for Pope Paul VI's visit to Bombay, India in 1964:

Most likely that was Mahindra Jeep. Mahindra has been making replica jeeps since WW2. Now they build tractors for the US market, but looking to get in to the small pick up market. There are some original WW MBs and CJ3Bs but few and far. :beer:

Top Bottom