Hinrichs build

Skins will be here tomorrow, and sliders will be here wednesday. Sadly neither will get installed this weekend since I am leaving to visit some friends in AZ for few days. Hopefully when I get home I will find some time for the skins which have me nervous drilling holes and the nutcerts. Usually anytime holes are involved nothing lines up for me after drilling.

Just wing it. :thumb:

Skins will be here tomorrow, and sliders will be here wednesday. Sadly neither will get installed this weekend since I am leaving to visit some friends in AZ for few days. Hopefully when I get home I will find some time for the skins which have me nervous drilling holes and the nutcerts. Usually anytime holes are involved nothing lines up for me after drilling.

Dude! Its too easy, just drill the holes extra BIG so you have plenty of room for alignment errors. You follow advice like OverlanderJK and 'just wing it'......well that's just damn irresponsible and I cannot approve that message.

Edit: due to the risk of being held accountable for the above advice of going with extra big hole drilling, I will add that I am joking ;)

I just need to buy the tool yet as well, is the astro pnuematic one whats recommended off amazon??

Yup. That's the one. Here's a link.

http://www.amazon.com/Astro-Pneumatic-Tool-1442-Riveter/dp/B003TODXQW/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1382988957&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=astro+nutsert+tool

Info originally from MTG. He used it for rear corner. Bought the same one myself. Used for three sets of skins and a couple trail tables I believe. Reminds me...I need to figure who I lent it to last. :thinking:

Dude! Its too easy, just drill the holes extra BIG so you have plenty of room for alignment errors. You follow advice like OverlanderJK and 'just wing it'......well that's just damn irresponsible and I cannot approve that message.

Edit: due to the risk of being held accountable for the above advice of going with extra big hole drilling, I will add that I am joking ;)

Well I should note that the issues I normally have are from working alone. I did tripple check the holes for my genright carrier, and its still off, not by much however. Ill fix that once I get rear skins I think.

Yup. That's the one. Here's a link.

http://www.amazon.com/Astro-Pneumat...57&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=astro+nutsert+tool

Info originally from MTG. He used it for rear corner. Bought the same one myself. Used for three sets of skins and a couple trail tables I believe. Reminds me...I need to figure who I lent it to last. :thinking:

Dumb queston I am sure, but the skins come with nutserts correct?

Dumb queston I am sure, but the skins come with nutserts correct?

Yes. But needless to say, count them and make sure you have enough sets. Also to note, the tool I mentioned comes with extra nutserts in different size. This came in handy when one of the nutserts needed to be drill out, we used an extra.

Skins showed up today, box was taller than me lol

Attachments

• image-2517544978.jpg
    image-2517544978.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 391
  • image-4270543182.jpg
    image-4270543182.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 389
  • image-1712078421.jpg
    image-1712078421.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 387
Hey man could you take a picture if how much you had to trim to fit the 37s under it?

ill try and take one today at some point, but all i really did was the normal trim in the back for larger tires and a little bit of the bushwackers.

very soon the bushwackers will be for sale along with the stock rubi sliders which were trimmed down a little if anyone is local-ish and interested.

Sliders showed up yesterday and noticed my one skin has powder peeling already.

Attachments

• image-1266061851.jpg
    image-1266061851.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 369
  • image-1777398791.jpg
    image-1777398791.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 367
finally back from my vacation, deff just need to move out west already. My friends neighbor had a nice built up samuri and a overlanding/camping F250 that I forgot to take pics of.

Hopefully should be installing the skins and sliders this weekend if I dont end up redoing my fish tank.

also wonder why I even post on jkforum anymore.....this was from the "2 doors on 37s club" thread

Those douche bag stickers on the windshield and rear corner ruin it.
xthefinger.gif.pagespeed.ic.pss3OwR2BA.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom