Hi from Michigan

Mike_D

Hey everyone-

I've always had a soft spot for Jeeps (as best I can recall my first ride in a 4x4 was a CJ7 owned by my parents friends when I was in preschool) but the limitations with extended highway travel put me off for ages due to the nature of my job. Well thankfully the newest ones resolve my concerns and a new JK is on the short list for when I replace my pickup (hopefully) early next year.

Pretty set on a 2-door Rubicon. The idea of building up a rig is quite appealing since I have plenty of experience with working on vehicles but I'm living in an apartment in Michigan and my tools are going to be in a storage locker back in NH for the foreseeable future so something turnkey is my goal for now as I'd like to get back into wheeling.

So yeah no real questions for now, just gonna poke around and get some inspiration to put a hurting on my bank account if I end up in a Wrangler. lol

Mike_D

Welcome, what part of MI?

Just outside Jackson. And fate must be on my side this week- I'm on a work trip and when I got to my destination airport National had a Unlimited Sahara in the lot! I don't have much interest in a 4-door for purchase but I'll be out till the end of the work week so it'll be a nice extended test drive I suppose.

Thanks for the welcomes!

07JKSahara

Just outside Jackson. And fate must be on my side this week- I'm on a work trip and when I got to my destination airport National had a Unlimited Sahara in the lot! I don't have much interest in a 4-door for purchase but I'll be out till the end of the work week so it'll be a nice extended test drive I suppose.

Thanks for the welcomes!

Awesome, I grew up outside Ann Arbor, Dexter to be exact. I could hook you up buddies how have a heated garage and some tools if you get to that point. Fate wants you to get a JK...

Mike_D

Welcome, isn't Jackson where Swiss Valley is? I'm just down in northern In.

The skiing place? That's in Jones according to google. I can't imagine southern Michigan offers a lot in the way of downhill skiing but then again I'm from New Hampshire where there are actually mountains. :lol:

JKbrick

The skiing place? That's in Jones according to google. I can't imagine southern Michigan offers a lot in the way of downhill skiing but then again I'm from New Hampshire where there are actually mountains. :lol:

It's a ski hill! Don't go. Better skiing in northern Mich for sure but no mountains

Mike_D

Well the job this week has gone poorly but tonight I did get a chance to pop off the roof panels off the rental. Even if the drive back to the hotel was only 10 minutes it made for a nice drive. I'd love to pull the doors but being so close to Toronto I don't want to forgo mirrors, roads are just too busy. Now the year needs to hurry up and end so I can get the end of year bonus from work and go pay a visit to the dealership!

Mike_D

Figured it was time to bump this. Ordered a JKR today. And so begins what I'm sure will be a painfully slow 4-5 weeks!

Top Bottom