HELP NEEDED : mysterious Chinese head unit

desertbuzz

Hey there

A jeeper friend was upgrading and basically gave me an old Chinese multimedia head unit he had in his JK and since I still have on the stock VERY basic head-unit (uconnect 130) ... I said heck ... I got nothing to lose :)

1 Problem : No installation manual or product manual
I tried looking up online ... nothing ... and the company's website is in Chinese only (English is down) ...and most links are broken or don't work.
Even scanning the QR code on the unit ....leads to nowhere (dead link)

I need your help in finding those documents ... PLEASE :fingerscrossed:

Here is all the info I know (Also see 2 pics here)

Brand : RoadRover In-vehicle Infotainment Systems

Model : W6230DJ

Serial No : W6230DJ1P01507066858L0020

86481977_640420486717814_7035535006445338624_n.jpg 87175268_220194589123663_4959190997713027072_n.jpg

Elroy231

Tried to search for some info on line. Same success you already had.
I find it a bit interesting that just about every link leads to a dead website.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertbuzz

Tried to search for some info on line. Same success you already had.
I find it a bit interesting that just about every link leads to a dead website.

From hours spent on Googling this ... I found out that this unit was once popular in Brazil ... and sold under a different brand name : M1 Motor One ...
Same model # (W6230DJ) ... but diff brand.

Elroy231

Classic rebrand. My guess the company was purchased or absorbed and that lead to the rebrand. Either way hope it helped you find some info !
From hours spent on Googling this ... I found out that this unit was once popular in Brazil ... and sold under a different brand name : M1 Motor One ...
Same model # (W6230DJ) ... but diff brand.

WJCO

Meme King
Hey there

A jeeper friend was upgrading and basically gave me an old Chinese multimedia head unit he had in his JK and since I still have on the stock VERY basic head-unit (uconnect 130) ... I said heck ... I got nothing to lose :)

1 Problem : No installation manual or product manual
I tried looking up online ... nothing ... and the company's website is in Chinese only (English is down) ...and most links are broken or don't work.
Even scanning the QR code on the unit ....leads to nowhere (dead link)

I need your help in finding those documents ... PLEASE :fingerscrossed:

Here is all the info I know (Also see 2 pics here)

Brand : RoadRover In-vehicle Infotainment Systems

Model : W6230DJ

Serial No : W6230DJ1P01507066858L0020

Is this the same unit:

https://usermanual.wiki/Roadrover-Technology/B6241/html

desertbuzz

Did he not give you the wiring harness jumper to plug into the Jeep?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

He did .... and I went for it and connected the unit . Figured out all the basic things .
All works (Steering audio controls) ... But had to connect the mic that it came with ... as it isn't connected to the Uconnect mic.

It also came with a GPS antenna .... But I need the manual to figure out a whole bunch of stuff.

whaaat specifically are you trying to figure out, these things are pretty standardized. Wire colors etc. Unless you're confused by the menu settings or something?

Bierpower

Hooked
whaaat specifically are you trying to figure out, these things are pretty standardized. Wire colors etc. Unless you're confused by the menu settings or something?
This is what I was thinking. I know of at least one guy here who installs car audio for a living. You may have knowledge here that can get you further than any Chinese manual.

TonyT

Caught the Bug
From what I can find, that unit looks like it is (or was) marketed in South America. Its a knock-off only in that it looks like the MyGig units, but runs some sort of Andriod-like operating system and it fits early model JK wranglers.

You'll likely need to set it up as if it were any other aftermarket radio. Any decent stereo shop should be able to help.

Good luck.

ARRadio.jpg

CUT/PASTE to google translate, then CUT/PASTE below from product description:

***** DETAILED FUNCTIONAL DESCRIPTION, ***** may vary according to available brands and models. The best international quality.

*** SIMILAR DESIGN to the original car, SPECIFIC for each brand and model, maintains the AESTHETICS of the dashboard. It does not require any modification, it connects and works WITHOUT CUTTING OR EMPALMAR CABLES, it is PLUG AND PLAY, CONNECT AND WORK. It has perfect inserts for each vehicle for a secure hold. You don't have to adapt or modify anything. Work with the original sound system. (Consult in case of models that have originally amplifier or power for speakers or subwoofer, as there may be problems with this.)
** MAINTAINS the WHEEL CONTROLS automatically if the vehicle has them and also the functions of the on-board computer.
** NAVIGATION GPS WITH SATELLITES with satellite signal that works everywhere. It is delivered with COMPLETE AND UPDATED MAPS of Argentina, voice guidance of automatic route plan. Supports real 3D maps. Advanced administration of points of interest, radar warning and fixed speed control cameras. The satellite GPS antenna is included. For SATELLITE GPS You do not need wi-fi connection, mobile data or internet, which may not be available in remote places or where you do not have a mobile data contract. In ANDROID stereos that do not bring satellite GPS depends on having WI FI or mobile data, but the ONLINE ANDROID GPS does not work.
** BLUETOOTH TELEPHONY HANDS-FREE. Avoid FINES and HAZARDS of handling your cell phone, connecting it via Bluetooth to the stereo, calling and attending directly from your touch screen. It allows you to pair the phone and make direct calls through the stereo. It also plays music from the cell phone via bluetooth through the A2DP option. Hands-free telephony with display with caller ID, caller ID, transfers the phonebook records, call history. Upon receiving a call, the volume of the radio or CD, DVD is automatically lowered and the call is activated.
*** Bluetooth compatibility with cell phones. While there is no problem with the absolute majority of cell phones, there may be incompatibility of bluetooth with some special or very modern cell phone models, if they have different characteristics than usual. We are not responsible or accept return for problems of connection of bluetooth with some type of cell phone. You can contact us to make a TEST with your cell phone BEFORE making the purchase in ML to avoid inconvenience.
** TOUCH SCREEN. 7 ”touch screen or similar, digital The size depends on the stereo that corresponds to each type of vehicle.
** AM and FM RADIO. It has FM Radio, AM and allows you to record positions of up to 24 favorite radio stations.
** PEN DRIVE USB MEMORY READER and in some cases also SD. It allows you to transfer songs, photos, videos. It supports up to 64GB. (SD card & USB Flash). Real support
** USB. * MP4 video player to watch your videos in MP4, with better performance and quality.
*** DVD loader. It allows to load DVD and CD, MP3, MP4, etc. You watch your movies, series or listen to music in different formats. There are several alternatives in the market that DO NOT BRING DVD player and do not clarify it in its details.
*** DIGITAL TV. Tune digital TV TDA ISDBT standard with the stations available in each location, for example Channel 2, 7, 9 and 13, Encounter, etc. 8 or more channels in CABA. The digital TV antenna is included.
** DUAL GPS AREA and AUDIOS application. They keep the GPS and TV, radio or other application while it is in use, with audio in both applications.
*** Back camera compatibility. To see it on the stereo screen when reversing. (Rear camera not included, optional with additional cost)
*** Connection for iPhone / iPod play & charge. It supports iPod connection (Classic, Nano & Shuffle), works with iPhone 3G, iTouch and charges it. It may be necessary to purchase additional connectors or specific connection cables. There may be incompatibility with some very modern cell phones, for which we are not responsible.
** The design, specifications, photos and brand may vary slightly in different import items, without any claim rights.

Last edited:

desertbuzz

This is what I was thinking. I know of at least one guy here who installs car audio for a living. You may have knowledge here that can get you further than any Chinese manual.

I am sure about the combined wealth of knowledge among us ....

The device turned out to be Windows CE (not even an old Android version) :mad:

I want to know if there are updates .... New skins etc...etc... and whatever goodies there may be.

I'm missing the navigation software ( IGO8.exe) .... II think.

Here are 2 screenshots I took:

86800294_627030304716806_5028296570534100992_n.jpg 87016267_220075365796368_5456252222918623232_n.jpg

Top Bottom