Help! Dynomax Exhaust Install!!

hydroslyder

Hey All,

I'm installing my dynomax exhaust on my 2012 JKUR. I'm installing essentially the evolution system except the one that dumps at the rear bumper as opposed to the pre rear axle dump that many are running. My problem is when I go to clamp everything down I still have some play in the pipes. My system came with 5 clamps total (not sure why as only 4 are needed). 2 clamps are stepped, 2 are normal non stepped and one non stepped came with the exhaust tip. Currently I have a non stepped at the connection between the original exhaust and my new exhaust. The stepped clamps are on either side of the muffler and a non stepped clamp is on the exhaust tip. Essentially wherever a non stepped clamp is in place I am unable to get enough clamping force to prefent the pipes from rotating! What am I missing??

The writeup by eddie has a stepped connection at the existing exhaust to new exhaust point and at the short pipe to muffler connection. I've tried both combos and still end up with poor connections at the muffler to long pipe run out the rear allowing it to rotate and bump things...

Any help would be awesome!

did you have issues with the rear pipe rotating around within the muffler and hitting things? When I set it up from front to back stepped stepped non stepped the rear pipe will rotate almost freely...

Are you actually sliding the parts together (overlapping the parts) before clamping them? Or are you just butting them up against each other?

I'm overlapping them. I called it a night, currently I've got the stepped clamps at the two forward most locations. The tailpipe that routes over the axle is being held by two exhaust hangers and is "snug" in the muffler outlet. I really don't know what I'm missing or if this is a matter of improper parts. I figure if push comes to shove I can take the tailpipe off and just run it straight out the muffler...I'll only do this if the tailpipe starts hitting something or vibrating. I'm going to get on the phone with dynomax in the morning and see what the deal is. If every clamp for this system had been the stepped clamps the whole thing would have gone together flawlessly.

Are you actually sliding the parts together (overlapping the parts) before clamping them? Or are you just butting them up against each other?

Top Bottom