HELP!! 2013 JKU Electrical Issue. What is this??

I don't drive her as often as I used to however I got this weird electrical issue while driving. I had this issue before but it's few and far between. I'm driving along cruising at a normal speed when my heads-up display suddenly turns on all the caution indicators of the display and it appears I loose power momentarily. The traction control indicator lights up, the brake indicator lights up, the ABS lights up...its weird. Video attached. Anyone ever seen this before? Please advise...need help. https://photos.app.goo.gl/csdE8NFH2bSbPAYC6

Jeep Issue Pic.png

BlackKnight

Was a wheel sensor when it happened in my '13, Was on the highway at 75+ the first time it happened, and almost pulled me off the road when it happened. Actually jerked the wheel out of my hand as the brakes activated...

ScottofKSU

Caught the Bug
When my 2012 started doing this it was the wiring to the drivers side cam position sensor. You can potentially verify this by resetting the code to get all the lights off and then, with the engine running, reach in and wiggle the wiring connected to the cam position sensor to see if the lights come on once you do. I would test this with both sides sensors. You could see what code it is producing to help narrow this down too. There is a reader built in that will display the code if you turn the key to ACC or something like three times - google the exact process for more specifics. More often than not - and as others have said - this is a wheel speed sensor issue, but I thought I would share my experience in case your issue turns out NOT to be a wheel speed sensor issue!

When my 2012 started doing this it was the wiring to the drivers side cam position sensor. You can potentially verify this by resetting the code to get all the lights off and then, with the engine running, reach in and wiggle the wiring connected to the cam position sensor to see if the lights come on once you do. I would test this with both sides sensors. You could see what code it is producing to help narrow this down too. There is a reader built in that will display the code if you turn the key to ACC or something like three times - google the exact process for more specifics. More often than not - and as others have said - this is a wheel speed sensor issue, but I thought I would share my experience in case your issue turns out NOT to be a wheel speed sensor issue!
This is exactly what mine was also when I had this issue. Had to buy a longer pigtail for the plug and it fixed the issue. The plug wires are to short on the driver side

jkwaterdog

the jscan OBD can read wheel speed sensor outputs. might be helpfull to ID which wheel speed sensor is acting up. this is could also be triggered from a faulty ABS module ( im seeing this on my jeep now. however all these light come on once my jeep hits about 5 mPH and stay on till i shutdown). good luck.

naysjp

When this happened to my 2014 JKU, it was having too much s*&t on the battery terminal. Moved them around and the lights went away and my mpg showed the correct number instead of 12mpg constantly. The wheel sensors on all 4 tires were fine in my case.

desertrunner

i just had the exact same thing pop up on my 12. i was driving a long day of washboard road when it happened. It eventually threw a CEL and when i scanned it it said a few errors with my brake switch stuck or high. Under the steering wheel by the brake pedal there is a big harness i kinda just wiggled it and made sure it didnt get bounced loose and so far it hasnt come back. might be worth a try

Mastermind

I had this happen when my rear e-brake shoes fell apart and broke off the ABS speed sensors. After replacing the ABS sensor (and E-brake shoes) all was back to normal. Inspect all your ABS sensors.

Top Bottom