Hello.

ddardanell

Hi, my name is Don G. Dardanelli. I live in San Jose, CA. I've been into Jeep's, since i was old enough to hold a tool. Back in the Early 60's, my Dad got me into it. He started buying and restoring them in the 60's, he did roughly 40 of them over a 30 Year period after he Retired from the Fire Department in 1985. He was working on them, at the Ripe old age of "94" before he Passed in May of 2022. I've just started to get back into them now that i have Retired in Nov of last year, and am looking around for a 72-74 CJ5, with a 304 V-8. If anyone has a line on a clean one, please forward any info to me (ddardanell@aol.com). Also, where do all of you get parts, for those year's of CJ's ?. Like Sterring Wheels, Horn Buttons, Tail Lights, Knobs ETC. If you could let me know of any and ALL companies that make reproduction parts, please pass that info on to me. Thank's for all your help, and i'm glad to be here.

Take Care,
Don G. Dardanelli

CalSgt

Hooked
Welcome from California too but way North East of SJ. I’ve heard people refer to Omix ADA as a decent source for older Jeep parts

Welcome from SoCal! Im gonna have to agree with @CalSgt on Omix ADA for sourcing OE style parts, that's the route my dad and I have gone on our TJ and for our family friend's YJ as well.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to WAYALIFE! Intermediate CJ5's are tough to work on but oh so worth it if you can find what you're looking for. As far as parts go, Omix-ADA and Crown are about the only companies that offer "new" parts but there are other companies that makes stuff as well. It just depends on what you're needing. Otherwise, I've been able to find used stuff on eBay from time to time but it's becoming more rare these days.

ddardanell

Thank you ALL so much for the WARM Welcome, I feel like I'm part of a NEW Family. And thank you for the great Advice. The 2 companies you told me about, would there Web-site Address's be (www.omixada.com) ?. And (www.crown.com) ?. And as far as the Social Security Number, I'm 4 year's short of that. I had to retire early, to take care of my 92 Year old mother, and a House Bound 67 Year old Brother. So, I tell everyone I've started my second Carrer. And Thank's Bob for the Nice thought, hopefully i will make it past 94.

DZRTJP

Welcome from Arizona 👋

Wow, what a similar life we've had so far. I learned wrenching at a young age from my dad, a career mechanic. He died a few years ago, a bit short of 90. My wife & I are both retired now, but take care of her invalid mother (90) & my Autistic son (43). This life has it's challenges, but it helps a bit to know others are in similar situations & understand. Keep the faith (y):)

Top Bottom