Hello from Seattle

SunsetHill

I have just ordered my first Jeep, a 2024 Rubicon 392, anvil color, with the Sky One-Touch Power Top and Warn winch. This was the culmination of a lot of studying the models and options, and giving in to my wants. LOL.

I have been driving a Camaro (V8) that I bought new in 1984 and still like it. Why, then, a new car at this point? Because I buy a new car every 40 years, like clockwork! LOL. Seriously, I came to realize that, while I am slowly aging one day at a time, my money just sits there in my bank account, year after year, ageless, doing nothing but patiently waiting to outlive me so that my heirs can buy a nice new car with it! Oh, heck no. Whoever buys that new car with my money might as well be me!

Why a Jeep? My Camaro is only 50 inches high, like driving a Go-Kart and my legs stretch out before me. That's fine, good for my knees, but after 40 years I want to ride higher in the saddle, maybe see what's going on ahead of me in traffic for once, and maybe stop getting blinded at night by the headlights of taller vehicles. Whew, I prefer the yellow tint of older headlamps versus the white LED of today but what can you do. If you can't beat 'em, you join 'em, that's what you do.

But also, many higher-profile vehicles are wider than my Camaro and my single-car garage in this older neighborhood is only so wide such that I need a car that can fit through the garage door without clipping the outside rear view mirrors. Also, I'd like a little breathing room on each side in term of air space between my car and the door frame. The Jeep profile fits nicely as the upper half of the body is recessed on each side so the outside rear view mirrors do not stick out beyond the rest of the car. Also, there is no place in my garage for me to store a removed hardtop so the Power Top works for me just nicely. I test-drove the Power Top and within a few seconds of opening it I knew I wanted it. It happened that fast.

Oh, did I forget to also say that the Jeep is just so doggone cool?

Big honkin' tires, V8, throaty exhaust sound. Am I having a late-life crisis? LOL

I'm hoping to read about things here and occasionally comment or, more likely, ask questions.

Thank you.

Top Bottom