Hello from KC MO

brennaman

Hi all, I am from just north of Kansas City MO. I just bought a '21 JLR that I plan on using for vacations primarily out west. My wife retired last summer, and I will be retiring this winter. I gave her an assignment to find vacation destination, as we will be pulling the JL behind and RV. We want to find great places to camp, and take day trips in the JL. We really enjoy Utah, Colorado, Wyoming and Montana, but want to find places to take the Jeep in Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington. I have owned a '96 TJ and '14 JKU, so I am not totally new to Jeeps, but they were used more as camping vehicles, not serious off roading. The new JL will probably be used the same way, I want to take it off road, but if it is more than a stock Rubicon can take, I will probably pass. We travel alone, (except for the dog) so I don't push my luck too far. I just enjoy getting off the main roads where there are fewer people.

We will also be taking my jeep up to Canada and Alaska. I have taken some trips on my motorcycle to Prudhoe Bay AK, and Tuktoyaktuk NW territories in Canada, and I really would like to take the Jeep up there to show the wife what it was like. Pictures just don't do justice as to what kind of ride that was.

So mostly I will be using it as a vehicle towed behind an RV, and easy off roading. I would love to go to some jamboree's, so hope to meet some of you on the road some day.

Attachments

• resized jeep.jpeg
    resized jeep.jpeg
    311.4 KB · Views: 8
You'd be surprised just how capable a stock Rubicon is. Congrats and nice choice on the 2 door with half doors!

Welcome from SoCal and I have to ask... Chiefs fan?

You'd be surprised just how capable a stock Rubicon is. Congrats and nice choice on the 2 door with half doors!

Sure, not a big football fan, but I root for them over anyone else. More of a baseball fan. I come from more of a baseball family, I am sure my parents are looking down at my son, he is playing college baseball, and I am sure they are as proud as my wife and I are.

As far as how capable a Rubicon is, that is why I bought it. As it will probably be my wife and I only when we go out traveling, I like to hedge my bet with the best available. I think I got that with this JL.

Top Bottom