Headers photos request

Chain Reaction

Hey all,
I am planning on running headers on my 304 and would like to see some photos of some fenderwell headers and to be more exact, if you had to cut or modify the inner fender where you had to trim/cut (any CJ model). I also would like to see what mufflers you CJ-5 owners used on the side exhaust. THANKS!!

Last edited:
Hey all,
I am planning on running headers and would like to see some photos of some fender exit headers and to be more exact, where you had to cut the fender (any CJ model). I also would like to see what mufflers you CJ-5 owners used on the side exhaust. THANKS!!
It would depend on the engine you have. When I had a CJ-5 with Clifford intake and headers, no cutting was required at all. But if you want to do something weird like have headers sticking out of the side of your Jeep, I have nothing to offer other than I would not cut into the chassis unless absolutely necessary.

Chain Reaction

It would depend on the engine you have. When I had a CJ-5 with Clifford intake and headers, no cutting was required at all. But if you want to do something weird like have headers sticking out of the side of your Jeep, I have nothing to offer other than I would not cut into the chassis unless absolutely necessary.
Thanks for the reply. It's a 304. So it's not necessary to cut/trim the inner fender, that would be great. Too much trimming and I would just replace the rusty the stock exhaust.

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
I had a CJ w/304 long ago I think it was Hooker headers with cherry bombs that I used.

I was young and the noise didn't bother me like it does today lol

Top Bottom