Hard to find winches that aren't made in China

NineBox

I came across a list of winches built in the US recently, but when checking the country of origin, they all come from China. Even Warn has China listed as the country of origin. Anyone have experience with a non-Chinese manufactured winch?

*Edited to be more specific - If there are only winches manufactured in China available these days, I want to be sure before I buy. And if there is, is it good?

JT@623

Hooked
I believe the Warn Zeon and Platinum are made here . Ramsey is another made here .
warn does have a Chinese made model but supposedly made to there specs. Several on here run them.

WJCO

Meme King
I came across a list of winches built in the US recently, but when checking the country of origin, they all come from China. Even Warn has China listed as the country of origin. Anyone have experience with a non-Chinese manufactured winch?

*Edited to be more specific - If there are only winches manufactured in China available these days, I want to be sure before I buy. And if there is, is it good?
Most Warns are made here. Or at least were as far as I recall.

Watch Project Farm on YouTube sometime. The guy does comparison videos for a variety of things like tools and such. During the intro of all the items being tested on the episode, almost all them are listed as being made in China. We don’t manufacture much of anything any more. 😞

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I believe the Warn Zeon and Platinum are made here . Ramsey is another made here .
warn does have a Chinese made model but supposedly made to there specs. Several on here run them.
Correct. Zeon and their premium line of winches are made in the USA. Ramsey is made in the USA as well.

jeeeep

Hooked
I'm guessing wireless can be added to the non-platinum winch?

being lazy and not doing my own searches lol

vicrider

Ramsey is USA made also. I'm a machinist there and have one on my Gladiator.

Attachments

• 20220825_173436-1.jpg
    20220825_173436-1.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom