Happy Hanukkah 2015

JAGS

Hooked
Not to be left out of the holiday celebrations are those celebrating of Jewish faith and heritage.

As some of you know, I happen to come from a mixed family and am proud to respect and honor the beliefs and struggles of both faiths/sides of my family.

The Hanukkah miracle is the base of today's celebration. As in other religions, the story and meaning really has nothing to do with gifts and tangible things. It's much deeper and depicts the struggles and perseverance of a group and culture.

So with that I say Happy Hanukkah to those out there lighting the Menorah tonight. As Adam Sandler said, we get eight crazy nights. Post pics of your Hanukkah happenings.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418758793.231126.jpg

Last edited:

Rubizon

Similarly to you my family respects different faiths. I have personal beliefs of my own; however out of respect for my grandfather who was a holocaust survivor who is no longer with us, we use this menorah that has a picture of him with the family.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418759677.046242.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Lights out last night. It was a great final night as my mom and dad stopped by for a quick visit. Now time to change gears and bring in the Christmas cheers. :)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419444093.183031.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Judging by all those presents, it looks like you are already on your way. :yup:

Lol. Not all ours. We host Christmas Eve at our house with extended family. Will post pics in the desserts and cooking threads later. 😉

Top Bottom