HALF Doors or NO Doors - What Say You?

HALF Doors or NO Doors - You can only choose ONE

• No Doors - Nothing is better than the wide open feel it offers

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • Half Doors - They give a classic convertible look and still open things up nicely

Votes: 40 66.7%
  • Full Doors - I prefer to keep my Jeep buttoned up

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters

AZVAJKU

Hooked
If you can have only one choice it would be no doors.

If I had two choices it would be no doors off road and half doors around town.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Have to vote doorless only because it’s either full doors or no doors. Haven’t had the pleasure of half door life

Man, this is a tough one for me but I’ll have to say half doors, probably only because I have the factory ones and they look perfect. But I love the open door feel but not so much on the highway due to the swirl of wind. The half doors actually feel like the doors are off but much less of a windy ride
Yeah, wheelin full naked is amazing but driving around with those half doors would be great.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Half Doors 100% looks the best .. but how do you guys walk away from your Jeep with half/no doors with all your shit in it… tools, gear etc. Or do I just carry to much stuff and have trust issues? Even when I’m out of the city on a trip.. I’d be worried about it. Have any of you had gear stolen?

CalSgt

Hooked
I voted half doors but have no experience with them, i've been running doorless each summer since I've bought the jeep. I've been waiting for the right deal on a set of half doors for years.

GP NOIR

Hooked
I haven’t had the pleasure of running half doors or “safari” doors, but I have run my JK and my old XJ with full doors and without. My preference depends on my mood and conditions.

When the weather is nasty and the trail is gooey, I want full doors and a full top. I want to keep the mud on the outside. I want full doors and full top when taking long road trips.

If the weather is fair or it’s just a light rain or snow fall, I like to run doorless and topless. (I like to leave the Freedom Panels in place for shade.) Removing the doors and top reduces the weight a noticeable amount and increases visibility.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Half Doors 100% looks the best .. but how do you guys walk away from your Jeep with half/no doors with all your shit in it… tools, gear etc. Or do I just carry to much stuff and have trust issues? Even when I’m out of the city on a trip.. I’d be worried about it. Have any of you had gear stolen?
So, we've been running doorless and or with half doors for decades and if you want to do it all the time, you really need a security deck. In Moby, we also have a Tuffy center console and under seat drawer. Anything of value gets stored in them. Otherwise, we keep the doors unlocked and everything else is expendable. So far, we have not had any problems doing this. But then, we tend to not visit or stay in shitholes too.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
No issues since I put them on.
I usually have the uppers with me and when it just doesn't feel right, I throw them on. Most of the year I also remove the windows on the Bestop soft top and run a Bestop Duster I think it's called. I try not to have any expensive items with me.
But yeah I get a little paranoid sometimes.

jeeeep

Hooked
When I was young and couldn't afford to keep anything in the Jeep of value, I ran those old Jeeps with no doors or top off, also had enough hair to make it look cool going topless.
Now, the hair looks like Beetlejuice when the wind blows and, I like being able to roll the window up when the weather turns as well as the false sense of security of full doors.
At least the alarm will go off or, maybe not LOL

duktrx

Wishing for half doors for my JKU, don't want to worry about the dog or random shit making an unplanned exit.

Brute

Hooked
So, we've been running doorless and or with half doors for decades and if you want to do it all the time, you really need a security deck. In Moby, we also have a Tuffy center console and under seat drawer. Anything of value gets stored in them. Otherwise, we keep the doors unlocked and everything else is expendable. So far, we have not had any problems doing this. But then, we tend to not visit or stay in shitholes too.
I've owned several soft top/windows off vehicles, and have parked them in places that I have had to hike in to fish or dive...best to leave the doors open and windows down to prevent the random idiot that wants the change on your dash from breaking something...

Top Bottom