GREENWASHED : Electric Rigs are Way Dirtier Thank You'd Think

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Read this well written article a while back and had been meaning to post it up for a while. It really give a good look at just how clean or dirty electric rigs really are.

benatc1

Hooked
Read this well written article a while back and had been meaning to post it up for a while. It really give a good look at just how clean or dirty electric rigs really are.

Very interesting, a lot of people don’t consider what goes into manufacturing and sustaining EVs, even if their is no tail pipe. Also 9k lbs for the hummer eek!

CalSgt

Hooked
That was a good read. The bit about battery life being estimated at 150,000 miles sure adds to the equation, seems like most well maintained ICE are going 300K anymore. Even at that the ICE's are easy to refurbish especially when compared to the recycling process for lithium ion batteries.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Loo
Great article.

And to add to it, what if CO2 doesn't have any negative impact on the environment anyways? Sorry if I crushed the official narrative programming we're supposed to be slaves to.
I was watching a show the other day about the Mayan civilization and it talked about climate change as part of the reason they left their cities…. I doubt it was due to manmade combustion and engines. Lol. It’s a natural cycle that modern civilization just hasn’t experienced yet. They’re clearly trying to push an agenda for money… as if it’s even worth anything anymore.

Kuboske

Interesting answer to my question in the HummerEV thread. Tesla actually hit a rock in this article. Wonder how things would be handled if someone say, submerged their electric off road vehicle in a deep water crossing.
I'll live out the rest of my life with ICE vehicles.
I can still in-frame overhaul my Cat 3406E, in my Kenworth (in my shop) for close to the repair cost for the EV auto in this article.

cdj

Great article. I've always been a bit baffled by the "green movement". My question to them is usually something along the lines of: Who do you think mines all the Lithium needed in those EV batteries?? (hint, it's not the USA). And, what do you think they are burning as a major power source during that manufacturing process ?? I'm often met with confused looks from the green folks. Maybe it's just me..... :)

Great article. I've always been a bit baffled by the "green movement". My question to them is usually something along the lines of: Who do you think mines all the Lithium needed in those EV batteries?? (hint, it's not the USA). And, what do you think they are burning as a major power source during that manufacturing process ?? I'm often met with confused looks from the green folks. Maybe it's just me..... :)
Those dozers, loaders and rock trucks aren’t running on batteries anytime soon either. The pits they leave behind are also very reminiscent of the Berkeley pit in Butte Montana, a pit now filled with acid water. My buddy is in charge of the reclamation project out there and it’s working but it is a slow process. Green simply stands for more cash for the elites, not what’s good for the environment.

TNT

Gotta agree. EV’s aren’t as clean as the so called “environmentalists” claim to be. I do admit we purchased one for my wife who commutes a lot. It’s a fun car to drive and a polar opposite from my JT.

It’s not because we’re trying to go green though!

JimLee

Hooked
Gotta agree. EV’s aren’t as clean as the so called “environmentalists” claim to be. I do admit we purchased one for my wife who commutes a lot. It’s a fun car to drive and a polar opposite from my JT.

It’s not because we’re trying to go green though!
That's the way it should be. Make it affordable and available to people who have a genuine need or want for it in their life and they will buy it, stop trying to force it on people whos lives or locations make it impractical.

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
EV's just aren't feasible enough if you like to drive long distances or in climate (cold) that severely effects the range. If they can find a way to make graphene/solid state batteries mass produceable/cheap then it maybe worth it. However it will still suck if you like to go for extended periods out int he wilderness... solar charging will never suffice. It's all nothing but a political push at this point.

RJV

EV's just aren't feasible enough if you like to drive long distances or in climate (cold) that severely effects the range. If they can find a way to make graphene/solid state batteries mass produceable/cheap then it maybe worth it. However it will still suck if you like to go for extended periods out int he wilderness... solar charging will never suffice. It's all nothing but a political push at this point.
It's just all for control.

kevman65

Hooked
Throw out all the fossil fuels used on the back end to sustain and drive an EV.

On just the front end fossil fuel products make up a HUGE percentage of their precious electric Match Box car.
All the petroleum based plastics to make them all lighter so they can even roll legally on public roads is outrageous.
Yet that along with what is needed to produce the power to manufacture, assemble, and charge/run the vehicle.

So, if we shut down EVERYTHING that THEY claim is bad, they don't even get their windup toy.

JimLee

Hooked
Throw out all the fossil fuels used on the back end to sustain and drive an EV.

On just the front end fossil fuel products make up a HUGE percentage of their precious electric Match Box car.
All the petroleum based plastics to make them all lighter so they can even roll legally on public roads is outrageous.
Yet that along with what is needed to produce the power to manufacture, assemble, and charge/run the vehicle.

So, if we shut down EVERYTHING that THEY claim is bad, they don't even get their windup toy.
When green extremists, stop using everything made from petroleum products, I'll believe they are serious. Of course we'd never know because they will have no way to communicate and will most likely all perish.

Top Bottom