Goodyear Duratracs vs. BFG KM2

Renagade119

Hahahaha thanks guys. Yea the past month we've had about a foot of snow total, and it hasnt even been bad yet, still waiting for all hell to break loose. So stoked that everyone likes the duratracs cause I got t-boned the other day, he got me right in the tire and busted the rim so there may be tire damage. And if there is I need a new tire, but I still have the stock Wrangler GS-A's on them and the gs-a's are no longer in production so Im trying to convince my dad to get duratracs (fingers crossed)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hahahaha thanks guys. Yea the past month we've had about a foot of snow total, and it hasnt even been bad yet, still waiting for all hell to break loose. So stoked that everyone likes the duratracs cause I got t-boned the other day, he got me right in the tire and busted the rim so there may be tire damage. And if there is I need a new tire, but I still have the stock Wrangler GS-A's on them and the gs-a's are no longer in production so Im trying to convince my dad to get duratracs (fingers crossed)

oh man, there's no comparison between the duratracs and the old crappy gsa's. :crazyeyes:

Renagade119

Hmm, well chalk one up for the mtr's. Youre the first guy Ive heard saying that they would take the mtr's over the duratracs

Tranquillity

I just made a small video of my duratrac on snow / slush condition. It's nothing impressing of a video, made it from my Iphone hanging on a branch. Anyway basic idea was to show them in action, I'll make more better quality soon. It's the first time I use them in snowy condition and I love them a lot. I'll see about the tread wear later :thinking:

[video]http://s1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh628/gossedeglace/?action=view&current=Duratrac.mp4[/video]

Holeshot

Banned
We have snow since almost 3 weeks now, and I got to say that I'm really impressed of how well they perform in snow/snowy roads and icy condition. I tested 'em down to -25 centigrade, and until now, they're doing great! Can't imagine if they were studded!! I highly recommend these tires for those who wants good and good looking winter tires. :thumb:

Just to compare, my bro also have a '12 jk, but he's running real winter tires, and he told me he's always on 4x4, but me, always going 2x4 until it's really slippy around stops and lights, then switch back to 2x4. :rock:

Renagade119

Well so far Im incredibly impressed with my jeep, this is my first vehicle and I got it in june so this is my first winter with it. I got friends who have their dodge 4x4s jacked up 2 inches and are getting stuck and I have absolutely no problems, Im tearing through everything like a boss. And Im still riding on the stock GS-A's so now Im really stoked for getting duratracs (if it happens)

Zstairlessone

I know you are looking at mud tires, but when I lived in the mountains of western Colorado (up to 20 feet of snow in the winter and temps to -40) I found that on my 4x4 truck with a 5 speed that all terrains were the tire of choice in the winter. I liked BFGs for their abilities on snow and ice both off and on road and long life.

in4low

Duratracks vs KM2's

The Duratrack was developed with commercial service in mind. The Duratrack is a versitile tire for on and off highway and in snowy conditions and works pretty well off road. The KM2 works well off road and envelopes rock well in low pressures and I don't think my KM2's work as well in wet weather although the tire spins very true and is built by Michelin Tire in their factory with very tight tolerances and is a very good tire for California, Arizona, Texas, Nevada and Mexico. The Goodyear MT is a very good off road tire but not so good on the highway or in wet weather. If i was in Canada I would be running the Duratrack with temps and slick conditions that you folks face it should work very well for you. Good Luck!

Renagade119

The Duratrack was developed with commercial service in mind. The Duratrack is a versitile tire for on and off highway and in snowy conditions and works pretty well off road. The KM2 works well off road and envelopes rock well in low pressures and I don't think my KM2's work as well in wet weather although the tire spins very true and is built by Michelin Tire in their factory with very tight tolerances and is a very good tire for California, Arizona, Texas, Nevada and Mexico. The Goodyear MT is a very good off road tire but not so good on the highway or in wet weather. If i was in Canada I would be running the Duratrack with temps and slick conditions that you folks face it should work very well for you. Good Luck!

Sick, thanks man. When I get some money I'll try and get a set, yay for no money

Top Bottom