Good ole MTR's w/Kelvar....

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
A slice of the Jeepin' Life. The harder you wheel 'em, the more it costs to heal 'em. On the other hand, when the repairs are completed and you step back to admire the work, most thoughts of the money spent evaporate. Good luck on the house.:yup:

LoPo

Caught the Bug
This will stay amongst us, here on the forum........;)
Lol!

A slice of the Jeepin' Life. The harder you wheel 'em, the more it costs to heal 'em. On the other hand, when the repairs are completed and you step back to admire the work, most thoughts of the money spent evaporate. Good luck on the house.:yup:

Oh I know... I've just been bitching a lot to her since I've apparently had a pile of bad luck with failures and breakages. The repair bill is beyond what I want to spend right now at once.

Control arm bracket failure
Steering correction and stabilizer failure. Looking at hydro assist.
Coil issue with my coilovers
Need new Brakes
Eddie confirms I have the dangerous TF gen 1 trackbar, need to replace that.
Blown rear shocks
Now tires

If these happened over the course of a year I wouldn't care, just piled on in the last 30 days or so. /end woe is me.

Hey, when it come to this forum we are all masters of our own domain. 

Oops, got to go, wife is calling to help get the kids ready. 
:yup:

GCM 2

....... I've just been bitching a lot to her since I've apparently had a pile of bad luck with failures and breakages. The repair bill is beyond what I want to spend right now at once.....

Haha! I have no pity!!!

So imagine having to make this phone call home once I leave Johnson Valley and get a cell phone signal....
-My wife "how was the pre-run for KOH?"
-me "it was awesome, but......"

Attachments

• image-4113303830.jpg
    image-4113303830.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 119

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol!

Oh I know... I've just been bitching a lot to her since I've apparently had a pile of bad luck with failures and breakages. The repair bill is beyond what I want to spend right now at once.

Control arm bracket failure
Steering correction and stabilizer failure. Looking at hydro assist.
Coil issue with my coilovers
Need new Brakes
Eddie confirms I have the dangerous TF gen 1 trackbar, need to replace that.
Blown rear shocks
Now tires

If these happened over the course of a year I wouldn't care, just piled on in the last 30 days or so. /end woe is me.

:yup:

When it rains, it pours. Unfortunately, I feel your pain.

Haha! I have no pity!!!

So imagine having to make this phone call home once I leave Johnson Valley and get a cell phone signal....

It was awesome but..... I did get a little desert pin stripping and maybe a little rock rash. Nothing special and nothing that I can't pound, bondo, sand, sand again, sand again again, primer and paint :crazyeyes: :D

Tackerdown

Banned
Haha! I have no pity!!!

Id like to hear the other end of that conversation. I'm sure it started with are you alright .

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Haha! I have no pity!!!

I'll trade you straight up your JK for mine. ;) I'm doing some exterior modifications this weekend that will make the boys at the mall super jealous. Total increase in value to bring it in par with EVOJEEP. :cheesy::cheesy: - ya right.

GCM 2

Id like to hear the other end of that conversation. I'm sure it started with are you alright .

Ummmm, actually it went more like this, and I am quoting my wife's exact verbiage; "what the F'ing F@&#, when are you going to grow up!"

"Life is hard, it's even harder when you are stupid" - John Wayne. I resemble his quote half of the time.

Tackerdown

Banned
Ummmm, actually it went more like this, and I am quoting my wife's exact verbiage; "what the F'ing F@&#, when are you going to grow up!"

"Life is hard, it's even harder when you are stupid" - John Wayne. I resemble his quote half of the time.

Lol they wouldn't love us if we grew up we would be to boring , they just don't want us to know that.

mgmavant

That's exactly what my wife would say! Thanks for the chuckle.

Sent from my MB886 using WAYALIFE mobile app

MobyJR

Lol to avoid my wife being able to hold this over my head and bitch about me buying monster tires for a jeep that is my DD, and to mitigate the chance of her arguing about how much I spend or what ever else, I told her "here you pick em." I went on discounttire.com and she gave my phone back with a picture of a 35/12.5R17 Wrangler MTR.

Hell yes! It's more expensive than the coopers and procomps I was looking at :shh: but hey, she picked em! :) I can't wait till my tax return gets here!!!

MobyJR

Damn I should've checked the first page of the thread before posting I guess... Is there anyone who thinks I should NOT buy MTR's? My wheeling will be mostly in CA around big bear, the sierras, and for a few months LBL here in TN. I haven't heard about them having weak sidewalls, I thought that one of their selling points was having strong sidewalls... Now I'm all confused again...

Prime8

Damn I should've checked the first page of the thread before posting I guess... Is there anyone who thinks I should NOT buy MTR's? My wheeling will be mostly in CA around big bear, the sierras, and for a few months LBL here in TN. I haven't heard about them having weak sidewalls, I thought that one of their selling points was having strong sidewalls... Now I'm all confused again...

Had 35" MTR Kevlars on my last rig. Each wheel took 8-12 oz of weights to balance and were still slightly off. Got 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on my new rig and only one of my five wheels took weight, and it was only 2 oz... Both of those were mounted on Spyderlock beadlocks. For that reason alone it's worth going Nitto, since throwing a weight Offroad is pretty easy...
Greg can attest to this too, since his 40" Nittos on ATX Slab beadlocks have ZERO WEIGHT! Pretty amazing.

MobyJR

Thanks, I'm going through problems right now balancing my BFG's I've been back there 3 times. I might go with those trail grapplers. I've heard nothing but great things about Nitto. I bet they're a bit cheaper than the MTRs too. Ill be checking them out.

bl17z90

Only problem with Nitto is they are a little bit pricey but you get what you pay for with them.

I think I read somewhere that Nitto is owned or their tires are made by Toyo or something to that effect.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Only problem with Nitto is they are a little bit pricey but you get what you pay for with them.

I think I read somewhere that Nitto is owned or their tires are made by Toyo or something to that effect.

Nitto is owned by Toyo and with the exception of a few sizes, all are made at their manufacturing facility in Georgia.

Top Bottom