Gold Lake Area: 26th - 28th

TheStick

I am going to be up in the Gold Lake area for a few nights next week and just wanted to throw it out there if anyone wants to meet up or will be in the area.

My main plan for this trip is more about camping, fishing and :beer:, but will probably be doing some day runs in the area as well. I am hoping to find a good place to camp on Little Deer Lake. For those not familiar with the trail, the start is the Gold Lake OHV trail which travels along the south side of Gold Lake for about a mile and a half to a designated OHV campsite. The campsite is free and is first come first serve. It does fill up quickly on weekend during the height of the summer season. This time of year might not be too bad. The trail is rated "moderate" but is not much for even a stock Jeep. From there, Little Deer Lake is probably just another mile or two. Snake Lake is the most challenging trail in the area.

Eddie has great pictures of the area here:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...rra-Buttes-Run-July-2013&highlight=snake+lake

There is no cell service in the area, so if you think you can make it let me know and we can try and figure out meeting times/places and a CB channel to use. :thumb:

StrizzyChris

I am going to be up in the Gold Lake area for a few nights next week and just wanted to throw it out there if anyone wants to meet up or will be in the area.

Interested, but confused. The title says 26th-28th, description says next week, other part states 30 rigs with a wait list.

Do you mean next month? Otherwise I'd think youll have a hard time finding more than 2 people to do this trail on a days notice (the 26th).

If next month, I'll see what I can do with the schedule and try to join. :thumb:

TheStick

Interested, but confused. The title says 26th-28th, description says next week, other part states 30 rigs with a wait list.

Do you mean next month? Otherwise I'd think youll have a hard time finding more than 2 people to do this trail on a days notice (the 26th).

If next month, I'll see what I can do with the schedule and try to join. :thumb:

The wait list thing was me enjoying a few adult beverages and being a smart ass :D

OP was last week so yeah it's this week now.

Still short notice so no worries. If you want to get up next month let me know. It's a cool area :thumb:

UpsideUp

I will be up there at the end of next month...The last week into the 2nd to be exact. I might be able to get away for a day trip or two but will be staying in a house in Graeagle with the fam during the evenings. Let me know if you plan to head up there then and maybe we can work out a bigger group. It would sure be cool to meet some of the faces behind the names.

TheStick

I will be up there at the end of next month...The last week into the 2nd to be exact. I might be able to get away for a day trip or two but will be staying in a house in Graeagle with the fam during the evenings. Let me know if you plan to head up there then and maybe we can work out a bigger group. It would sure be cool to meet some of the faces behind the names.

Again. Let me know. I get up there as much as possible. After some interest I'm thinking a trip towards the end of July sounds like it might work out.

Top Bottom