Going doorless

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ok so I hate to admit it but after 3 years of having the JLU I took the doors off for the first time yesterday. This morning I went to remote start the Jeep, since it was 38* out, and the remote start didn’t work. I went and started it normally and saw a message about “remote start cancelled door open”. So I started the Jeep and when I put it in gear it gave me the message of “not in park” on the IPC. Clearly the BCM is not seeing the doors are unplugged which I find odd. Is there a setting I’m missing or something thru the tazer I can use?
IMG_2740.jpeg

WJCO

Meme King
Remote start won't work with doors off. I am unsure if Tazer has a fix for that.

I assume engineers designed remote start to only function with locked doors so doorless won't work. Which is still stupid because you have to have the key fob in proximity to push the commie button to get it out of park. So it's not like someone can steal the Jeep.

Also, since it's your first time, be extra careful with the front door wiring when reconnecting. The connector will try to cock sideways and those pins are tiny and bend easily. Way more finicky than JK.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Remote start won't work with doors off. I am unsure if Tazer has a fix for that.

I assume engineers designed remote start to only function with locked doors so doorless won't work. Which is still stupid because you have to have the key fob in proximity to push the commie button to get it out of park. So it's not like someone can steal the Jeep.

Also, since it's your first time, be extra careful with the front door wiring when reconnecting. The connector will try to cock sideways and those pins are tiny and bend easily. Way more finicky than JK.
It’s really stupid honestly. There’s morning like today where it’s gonna be 38ish when I leave for work and end the day at 82*. Could really use it in the morning. Guess I just gotta walk out and start it. First world problems lol

CalSgt

Hooked
Huh... I think my remote start works with the doors off, I could swear I used it a few times on the rubicon to make sure the fridge wouldn't run the battery dead.

kevman65

Hooked
Okay, this is going to sound totally idiotic, but try it.

Hit your door lock button twice (alarm set) then try remote starting it.

I know the alarm will set with doors off. I think the remote start needs the doors "locked" to function.

*** Forgot to mention, check and make sure none of the pins in the connectors are touching, if they are then your BCM is getting a signal it shouldn't be.

CalSgt

Hooked
I know the alarm will set with doors off. I think the remote start needs the doors "locked" to function.

There is still one door left, the tailgate.

I’m neurotic about making sure the tailgate is locked when the doors are off. It’s the only thing keeping people out of the ARB roller drawer full of tools and recovery gear

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Huh... I think my remote start works with the doors off, I could swear I used it a few times on the rubicon to make sure the fridge wouldn't run the battery dead.
I feel like I’m missing something. Who knows tho
Okay, this is going to sound totally idiotic, but try it.

Hit your door lock button twice (alarm set) then try remote starting it.

*** Forgot to mention, check and make sure none of the pins in the connectors are touching, if they are then your BCM is getting a signal it shouldn't be.
Yea I will check the pins just to make sure. That style of CPA is good tho I’m not allowing you to go in sideways. I only had the passenger side disconnected once while installing my factory switch panel.

Will also try it again double tapping everything to make sure its all locked up
Wow, in spite of the remote start issue, your Jeep looks GREAT like that (y)
Thanks Eddie! Really happy with how it looks!

There is still one door left, the tailgate.

I’m neurotic about making sure the tailgate is locked when the doors are off. It’s the only thing keeping people out of the ARB roller drawer full of tools and recovery gear
Lol my wife laughed at me when I locked the doors the other day. Told her about the tailgate and that the Jeep will not allow you to start it unless it’s unlocked first, which is a nice feature

Top Bottom