Fueling

Zooterdog

Due i need to Remove My RotoPax gas cans that are mounted on the side of my Wrangler before filling them with gas at the Station?

No. But technically yes. All portable cans technically should be removed from the vehicle/ trunk whatever and placed on the ground to fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

TrailHunter

Hooked
No. But technically yes. All portable cans technically should be removed from the vehicle/ trunk whatever and placed on the ground to fuel.

Its mounted to the side of the Jeep... wouldn’t that be safer the fumbling with a loose can?

jesse3638

Hooked
No shit? Guess I’ve been doing it wrong all these years.. back of the truck... multiple dirt bike cans on a trailer... Reaching the hose over everything... I’ll shut up. Lol
Yes if you have a plastic bed liner they can really build up static electricity. Not sure how frequently it occurs, but Mythbusters did prove it possible for static electricity to ignite gasoline vapors. Also just had a natural gas class at work put on by southwest gas. They ground all their tools because static electricity is their number 1 source for ignition during a leak. Who'd have thought.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes if you have a plastic bed liner they can really build up static electricity. Not sure how frequently it occurs, but Mythbusters did prove it possible for static electricity to ignite gasoline vapors. Also just had a natural gas class at work put on by southwest gas. They ground all their tools because static electricity is their number 1 source for ignition during a leak. Who'd have thought.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

^that

It’s unlikely but it’s possible. You’re supposed to touch the nozzle to the can before you start filling them to discharge static. As well as keep the nozzle contacted to the plastic while filling. I believe it also had to do with the vapors that are flowing out. In a car the nozzle is a pretty tight fit and the gas pump sucks up the majority of fumes into the nozzle. With the large opening of a portable tank the fumes spill out the tank.
Do I do it? Nah. It’s insured.

Top Bottom